Old 12-31-2009, 11:57 PM   #41
mamapaulsel
Working the Gusset

I'm making GF bread for our picnic up at the woods tomorrow. DH has to go take down deer stands and the girls and I are going to drive along with him.

I have the back of my sweater done and I'm working on the right front. I'm getting a little nervous about putting all of the pieces together when it's time to seam things up. I'm being very OCD and keeping track of the number of rows that I'm knitting as I go. Some people might call it something else I just really want this first garment to be a success so that I have the confidence to knit more garments.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-31-2009, 11:58 PM   #42
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Originally Posted by sgtpam View Post
I'm here......about another inch of ribbing to go on the first slipper. They're great slippers...so say my sisters, nieces and Mom
You're on a roll!

Sandi always has such great ideas....and yummy yarn
I'm just glad to see that the rest of you are playing along. This is making my New Year start off just right.

Almost ready for that first glass of bubbly.....
Me too! Now, I just have to peel my hubby off the sofa to go open the champagne. It's chilling in the fridge. I can't open it, because I JUST BANGED MY STUPID HAND ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER MAKING SUPPER! UGH!!!! So, NO knitting for me tonight.

Originally Posted by knit2btied View Post
I managed to make about 7 inches on my Palindrome scarf, then frogged it to make it about an inch wider. Does anyone have tips on how to keep track of how many rows are between the cables? It's driving me crazy losing my place. At this rate, this could be an incredibly l-o-n-g scarf!
The only way I know to keep up with rows is to use a row counter. I don't trust myself to keep up with them in my head.

Originally Posted by Ellieblue View Post
There is a live streaming video on Earthcam of Times Square looks like they're having a great time there
Cool! Where's the link?

Originally Posted by UruzPhoenix View Post
Happy new year everyone! My minions are watching america's funniest home videos and i'm working on the infernal socks (not just because they're red, well, bronzed berry bliss technically LOL! but because i've never had this much issue with a basic pair of socks! between yarn splits and dropped stitches.....) and thinking of loading twilight
Maybe it's the knitting needles? Sometimes, I have to use different needles with different yarns, to see which ones work better together.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:00 AM   #43
UruzPhoenix
1st Leg of the Journey

LOL!

the minions aren't bad, they'll be out relatively soon (or when dh gets home from work...) the good thing is that they're older and pretty self-sufficient so I'm not needed as much as i was when they were little (course when they were little, they'd be in bed by now! LOL!)

on the socks, not beginning, ending I'll be turning both heels this hour and then finishing them off... which will officially complete my knitting for our tribe's yule gathering on the 17th... so then it's onto a shawl (the Freya shawl i found on ravelry... using caron simply soft shadows in soft merino)

OTN
more socks.... pics of past projects up at my blog.

my knitting blog
HeathenWytch on Ravelry
UruzPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:02 AM   #44
sgtpam
Turning the Heel

HAPPY 1ST OF THE NIGHT NEW YEARS..

sgtpam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sgtpam For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (01-01-2010)
Old 01-01-2010, 12:02 AM   #45
knit2btied
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to knit2btied
Originally Posted by mamapaulsel View Post

I have the back of my sweater done and I'm working on the right front. I'm getting a little nervous about putting all of the pieces together when it's time to seam things up. I'm being very OCD and keeping track of the number of rows that I'm knitting as I go. Some people might call it something else I just really want this first garment to be a success so that I have the confidence to knit more garments.
Actually, I think that is the way that ArtLady recommends doing it. I also count rows on the body and sleeves of sweaters to make sure all matches well. Also, you may want to block before seaming for the best chances of success!

knit2btied is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knit2btied For This Useful Post:
mamapaulsel (01-01-2010)
Old 01-01-2010, 12:06 AM   #46
knit2btied
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to knit2btied
Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post

The only way I know to keep up with rows is to use a row counter. I don't trust myself to keep up with them in my head.

You may be right. I might have to get off my bum and go dig mine out! (smile)

knit2btied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #47
Ellieblue
Knitting the Flap

sorry I don't know how to post links, I just went to earthcam.com and it popped up
Old 01-01-2010, 12:10 AM   #48
mamapaulsel
Working the Gusset

Thanks for the great advice. I will plan on blocking before I seam. I'm also glad that I'm not the only one that counts rows. I keep a little note pad and pen right beside me and make my tally marks.

We have some left over sparklers from the 4th. Do we dare let our DD's do them?
Old 01-01-2010, 12:10 AM   #49
LifeIsGood
Ribbing the Cuff

I have started on my rows of knits and purls (K1, P1?). I've managed to get through two rows of purl. It isn't as smooth as my knit (I've practiced knit more) so my tension may be awkward. We'll see.........
Old 01-01-2010, 12:11 AM   #50
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Well, I WAS watching football before being called out by my children to play a game of Pictionary Man. Upon going back to my bedroom to knit and resume watching the football game, my son took over my tv to play xbox and is currently chatting it up with his cousin...headphone is on his head, so i'm only hearing his side of the conversation...

"Oh cool, he stuck me."

something by my nephew

"Oh wow, he stuck me with something on the side of my head."

something by my nephew

Wonder what the score of the game is.

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote