Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
"Warm Feet" KAL/CAL - Slippers!
I don't know about the rest of you, but it's COLD in my part of the world!

So, I've been busy knitting slippers for me and my family, to keep our feet warm when we are at home. Are any of the rest of you making slippers? (Knit or Crochet)

Let's share photos of our slippers, and give each other links to our favorite patterns.

I'm planning on using up a lot of my stash to make as many as I can handle. LOVE wearing my comfy slippers!

My current favorite pattern is "Red Hot Slipper Socks" on the Lion Brand website. I'm using up leftovers of bulky yarn to make them. So far, I've made two pair of slippers, and they are SO COMFY!

Another pattern I like a lot is the "Cozy Slipper Socks", made with Lion Boucle yarn. I've made a few pairs for my grandma, and she loves them!

Last year, I made a pair for my mother-in-law, using two strands of worsted weight yarn held together throughout. (Red Heart Super Saver and Caron Simply Soft) The pattern was "Slipper Sock" from the Tropical Yarns website.

Another favorite is "Tropical Punch Slipper Socks", which uses two strands of Caron Simply Soft held together throughout.

I'm wanting to learn how to crochet, so I would like to know of a VERY SIMPLE crochet pattern for making slippers. Any recommendations for a real beginner? I have never followed a crochet pattern before, so be gentle with me.

Last edited by Shandeh : 01-12-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote