Old 12-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #31
AngelaR
Turning the Heel

Fantastic! I hope this turns out well, and I can't wait to see the pictures of the results.
AngelaR is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #32
melmac51
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by amy View Post
Thanks for the offers everyone! I think we've got all the sizes covered. (Just waiting for Rachel B to post here if she can still participate, for the size 2-4 years.)

I'm still editing and crunching video. My goal is to have everything to you all early next week.

I was originally aiming for pre-christmas, but can't manage it. Focusing on family this week.I know y'all understand. (Erin's first birthday tomorrow! And her first Christmas! Woo! )
My daughter's birthday is on the 22nd too! She's 27 years old. Seems like only yesterday, so enjoy every minute, even the not-so-good ones! Merry (First!!) Christmas and Happy Birthday to Erin!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #33
smb611
Casting On

Looking forward to helping
Originally Posted by melmac51 View Post
My daughter's birthday is on the 22nd too! She's 27 years old. Seems like only yesterday, so enjoy every minute, even the not-so-good ones! Merry (First!!) Christmas and Happy Birthday to Erin!
Hey-my daughter (20 years old) was born on the 31st! We always like to say that we ushered in the 90's with her!! Anyway, I am looking forward to helping out and hoping you have a good holiday and Happy 1st to your little one too!
smb611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #34
ratty1973
Casting On

Hi,

Got the E-mail this morning.

I can still do the 2-4 size.

Rachel B
ratty1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #35
sgtpam
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by amy View Post
Oh, and so you can get your DPN's:

Gauge for kids/sports weight: 6sts./inch
Gauge for adult size/worsted weight: 4.5 sts./inch

pattern calls for gauge in stockinette, and ribbing done two sizes smaller.
Since my size is "both" kid and adult size, should I be aiming for 6 or 4.5 sts/inch? I've done my gauge in Caron SS and am at 5.0 on size 7s and 5.5 on size 8s? I've never really had to do a gauge for size before...and I need to know which I should try for larger or smaller? Or is this yarn ok for your pattern? I have other yarn even have some sports weight if I need to change to that

sgtpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #36
southseagirl
Casting On

Hi Amy, I do a lot of knitting for babies and children so happy to do some for you. I live in UK so not sure if I qualify for this so best let me know. I also crochet so if you have anything for babies in crochet for test knitters I can do that to.
Best wishes and waiting to hear
southseagirl
southseagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #37
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,906 Posts
Hi Amy!
I didn't get an email yet. Did I miss it?
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #38
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Thanked 1,471 Times in 527 Posts
Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
Hi Amy!
I didn't get an email yet. Did I miss it?
I think Amy is still putting the finishing touches on the pattern and the video. It should be ready for test knitting really soon!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sheldon For This Useful Post:
lissaplus2 (01-03-2010), sgtpam (01-03-2010), Shandeh (01-03-2010)
Old 01-05-2010, 02:40 AM   #39
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Thank you everyone for the offers! I really appreciate them. I have updated the first post with names of people, first come first serve in this case, who have agreed to knit a size. I'm "private messaging" folks tonight with the next step. (Look in the upper right for the underlined Private Messages link.)

Originally Posted by sgtpam View Post
Since my size is "both" kid and adult size, should I be aiming for 6 or 4.5 sts/inch? I've done my gauge in Caron SS and am at 5.0 on size 7s and 5.5 on size 8s? I've never really had to do a gauge for size before...and I need to know which I should try for larger or smaller? Or is this yarn ok for your pattern? I have other yarn even have some sports weight if I need to change to that
Sgtpam, you want 4.5 sts/inch for your size. one needle size = 1/2 st./inch change, is a good rule of thumb. And remember this swatch needs to be done in the ROUND. With mittens I'd say just use the mitten as your swatch and frog if need be. Take your best guess with the needle. And don't worry about gauge in ribbing, only in the stockinette. I'm putting H Carroll on this size too, so you can have fun and not be too pressured with your first mitten. (And I'll get to see how this size fits multiple hands.)

SouthSeaGirl, Jenwith4kids, and Jbarr5 thank you for offers. I actually do have one more size, but it's a long shot, and if it doesn't get knit so be it.... Know anyone who could use a Man's XXL? Finished hand circumference is 10.5" (Shandeh, is this your DH's size? the XL I have paired you with is 9.5")

Thanks folks. And thanks for your patience as I get the pattern together. I changed the top shaping and am still wrestling all 10 sizes into shape.

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amy For This Useful Post:
lissaplus2 (01-05-2010), Shandeh (01-05-2010)
Old 01-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #40
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,906 Posts
Hi Amy! My hubby is a big guy - wears size 3X in shirts and 2X in pants. So, I bet the larger XXL gloves would work well for him.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote