Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
JasminJaquine
Casting On

Knitting Olympics - Winter 2010
Good Morning!

I'm actually almost amazed that I haven't yet seen a thread for the Knitting Olympics this year! Well, maybe just cause I'm a bit excited as this is the first Olympics since I took up knitting again (and it sounds like a whole lot of fun).

The Yarn Harlot has posted up her rules once again with a sign up button as well so people can go on a list to see who else is participating and what they are making. You can see her post here.

Yes, I do realize there are the Ravelympics as well, but for those of us who wish to participate as a solo participant and not a team (though I am determined to watch the Bobsled Teams this year), the Yarn Harlot's version of the Knitting Olympics fits the bill.

Now, I'm not discounting anyone who is also doing the Ravelympics, seeing as how things can always overlap, but I thought it'd be cool to have a thread here for encouragement, progress, and just some good Olympic conversation to happen as the group here at KH are some of the most helpful people I've run across on the net.

So without further ado, for the Winter 2010 Knitting Olympics, I am going to tackle the ever-beautiful Hemlock Ring Blanket! I have selected some Black Cascade Eco+ yarn for this project and will be casting on either late Friday night (after the torch is lit) or Saturday morning/afternoon.

What will you be undertaking for the Knitting Olympics this year? Is anyone on a team through Ravelry?

Can't wait to hear what everyone else is doing!

Jasmin

P.S. - Has anyone actually done curling?
Faults: I Ramble....a lot!
OTN: Girl Friday Cardigan
Last FO's: Sunny Citron Shawl, Andrea's Shawl

Last edited by JasminJaquine : 02-11-2010 at 02:55 PM.
JasminJaquine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JasminJaquine For This Useful Post:
nicoleheather (02-12-2010)