Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #11691
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
I haven't started on them he can't decide what he wants on them...I keep telling him the longer he waits the longer the line is...

Knit a pair of ribbed knee high hose. Then knit two or three fancy hose collars. These collars have fancy patterns, colors etc. and can make the plain hose fit the occasions.

Wait for the hose with the overall fancy pattern until he has a pair of day ware.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
knit2btied (02-10-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #11692
cacunn
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by G J View Post
Chris, I don't envy you! That's a LOT of snow! Does this mean you get more snow days?
I am betting that I will be off the rest of the week. I just hope things are clear enough on Saturday to be able to go to the S&B meet up at Mannings.

Originally Posted by G J View Post
Christine, in layman's terms, the endometrial ablation is when they kill the inside of your uterus. My Dr. is actually going to resection it, which means he'll take out not just the lining, but part of the muscle as well. Plus he'll do laparoscopy with laser removal of scarring and endometriosis. I hope it all goes smoothly!
I don't know about you but I KNOW that every thing will go smoothly!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
G J (02-10-2010), knit2btied (02-10-2010)
Old 02-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #11693
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Gina & Chris, I give you permission to get ice cream. Gina I think you deserve whatever you want to eat after what you're going through before and during/after the proceedure.

Christine give Boots a big hug from us, did he get the bday message on fb from Rascal?

OK well I tried to study today between errands, didn't get much done but what I did get done, I think, is sticking.

I got the oil changed this afternoon and they said I need to replace the left rear shock and stabilizer link and get an alignment, for a total of $368 plus tax! ouch! Said it was damaged from sever impact. good grief. I dont remember doing anything to the darn van. OK so I know I'm gullible because I'm a young female and most men think I'm "dumb" because I have 3 kids so therefor probably dont know how to use birth controll, needless to say I dont believe in it; but anyway I did look at the car and the shock is dirty like it's got road gung stuck to it from leaking fluid, but my Dh's dad said we could get a shock for like $30 and replace it instead of paying the $160 for it and then he said if the stabilizer link is bend we could find one of those at the junk yard for like $10, works for me. And I can get an alignment for free at the tire place because it's part of my warranty on the tires, so looks like instead of the $368 I can probably be done for under $50. Thank God for men who know about cars. I love my hubby and fil.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-10-2010), knit2btied (02-11-2010), The.Knitter (02-10-2010)
Old 02-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #11694
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Hey! Has anyone checked out the new sock posted on Knitty?
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter09/PATTskew.php
Totally the most awesome looking sock ever. It's going to be perfect for the sock yarn I got in St. Louis.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-11-2010), rachejm (02-13-2010)
Old 02-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #11695
cacunn
Instepping Out

Rabbit Supper Highway
Over the past week we have gotten about 30 or more inches of snow. I have been maintaining the bird feeder as best in can considering the snow blocking the doorways. If you remove the screen in the center of the door on the back porch you can get out.

We have rabbits living under our garden shed and the line of pines on the property line. Apparently they got hungry and decided to go exploring.

The rabbits have made their own paths in our back yard,

If you look toward the top of this picture near the edge of the shed you can see a tunnel.

I put some extra bird feed down along the supper highway and in some protected spots at junctions.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (02-12-2010), jess_hawk (02-11-2010), knit2btied (02-12-2010)
Old 02-12-2010, 01:51 AM   #11696
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
My son's significant other is 6 centimeters dialated and the medical staff have just gone in to give her an epidural. It looks like by morning I will have another grandchild. I pray he is healthy. Please pray with me.

ANNOUNCEMENT: My fourth grandchild, a boy named Antonio David was born this morning, Friday, February 12, 2010 at 2:20 a.m. weighing a healthy 8 lbs. 9 oz. Mother, father and baby are doing well. Tony has already "talked" to Gramma on the telephone and I have welcomed him to the world.

Chris: I can't believe how kind you are, worrying about feeding the poor cold little baby rabbits and the birds. You are such a good man! 30" of snow is one heck of a lot. Please be safe and don't try to shovel it with a shovel. Hire someone to do it if you have to.

Gina: It was nice chatting with you tonight. I hope you feel better really soon!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Last edited by The.Knitter : 02-12-2010 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Added significant information!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-12-2010), jberry16 (02-12-2010), knit2btied (02-12-2010)
Old 02-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #11697
cacunn
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
ANNOUNCEMENT: My fourth grandchild, a boy named Antonio David was born this morning, Friday, February 12, 2010 at 2:20 a.m. weighing a healthy 8 lbs. 9 oz. Mother, father and baby are doing well. Tony has already "talked" to Gramma on the telephone and I have welcomed him to the world.

Congratulation Grandma - We all know that you have enough love to share. It is amassing the how the more you share love the more you have to share.

:c heering:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
knit2btied (02-13-2010), The.Knitter (02-12-2010)
Old 02-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #11698
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Congrats Christine!

Well Jacob woke up early Tues morning throwing up and this morning Bailey woke up early tossing her cookies, so I'm thinking Monday will be another early morning with Katie...seems to be a 3 day interval. Hoping everyone is well tonight since I have an exam tomorrow morning.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-12-2010), knit2btied (02-13-2010), The.Knitter (02-12-2010)
Old 02-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #11699
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Christine~Congrats!!!

Julie~aww I hope everyone is better soon

Chris~love the pictures...poor bunnies

The kids have another snow day...I love for them to be home but we now have to make up 5 days...I would much rather see them have a spring break and get out at the end of May...As of right now they have lost 2 of their spring break days (leaving only 2 left) and will be going till June 3rd. Please stop the snow...I don't want them to have to go any longer...if we miss another they will take it from the spring break leaving them with one day

I gotta work on sample socks today and get ready for the Ravelympics tonight...cast on for the ceremonies...You can still join and the team WV would love to have ya

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-12-2010), jberry16 (02-12-2010), knit2btied (02-13-2010), The.Knitter (02-12-2010)
Old 02-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #11700
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi friends,
Surgery went well yesterday, although the doctor's bedside manner was pretty bad. Thankfully, that didn't preclude him from being a good surgeon. And thankfully, the nursing staff was wonderful. I have some pain today, but it's tolerable. I can't take the drugs the doctor prescribed (you'd think he could read!) so I'm stuck with ones that aren't as strong, but oh well.... I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm sure I'll do some dozing today.

Dustina, hope the kids don't have to extend the school year by much. Houston ISD just approved lengthening the school year by 20 days! The kids would get less than a month off in the summer! I wonder how that will go over?!?

Melanie, start with baby sock. Make a pair so you remember what you did. THEN start on a big-girl sock! Use the Turkish cast on to start. It's super easy. If youwant, when my mind is working fully, I'll post a link. Right now, I can't find it.

CivicSista, it's nice you have someone to knit with!

Rache, what are you crocheting? Fear of failure can be crippling. Get over that and decide if you want to do the writing or not and if it fits your current schedule. Line up some guest writers if you do, so you can give yourself a break.

Emily, glad you're okay after the earthquake! It must not have been a big one....it didn't make the news here. Well, maybe it did. I was out of it yesterday! LOVE that sock pattern! SO unusual, but the fit looks great!

Chris, Mannings looks like a great place! Hope you get to go! The rabbit trails look interesting! Do the rabbits enjoy the garden in the summer? My sister has her kids trained to throw rocks at rabbits b/c they devour her garden! I think they're cute, though!

Julie, you were smart not to have the oil change place do the work. THey can be such scammers! SO SORRY the kids are sick. UGH! Just don't catch it yourself!

Christine, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! YAY!!! I hope you get to be a special part of your new grandson's life!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-12-2010), melmac51 (02-12-2010)
Closed Thread