Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #11721
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Thanks guys.
Gina glad you're feeling better.
Emily that sucks! plain and simple, it just sucks.

Dustina I think the little green guy is supposed to be like the green eyed monster for jealousy, but not sure.

Christine your new grandbaby is too precious! you can get a copy of those pics from fb onto here if you will right click on one in fb, select copy and then paste it here.

Ok as promised here's a photo of the kids I took yesterday, with the girls in their Valentine shirts, the kitty is Rascal & Jacob is getting lots of summer shorts made up so he didn't want a Valentines shirt.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-15-2010), jess_hawk (02-15-2010), knit2btied (02-15-2010), melmac51 (02-17-2010), The.Knitter (02-16-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #11722
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi Socksters,
Did y'all have a happy Valentine's day?
I discovered knitting under the influence of pain drugs is not a good idea. I had to frog 15 rows of sleeve knitting today. Oh well. One of my incisions has been bleeding, so I've been instructed to "REALLY take it easy." I REALLY just want to get up and DO stuff! So I knit, I color, I watch TV, I read stuff online...I need to get a book or two, but I can't drive to the library or the book store. Ah well. DS brought seasons 1-3 of Psych, so I've been watching that.

Dustina, your hat is SO PRETTY! You are such a talented knitter!

Emily, I tried watching some Olympics again today. I just get too tense! Maybe figure skating? Hope your knee feels better.

Julie, your picture is adorable!

Christine, I saw your pictures on FB. You and grandson look great!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-16-2010), dustinac (02-16-2010), jberry16 (02-16-2010), jess_hawk (02-16-2010), knit2btied (02-16-2010), The.Knitter (02-16-2010)
Old 02-16-2010, 01:27 AM   #11723
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by G J View Post
I need to get a book or two, but I can't drive to the library or the book store.
Emily, I tried watching some Olympics again today. I just get too tense! Maybe figure skating? Hope your knee feels better.
Online booksellers are your friends.
Good luck on finding something to watch that doesn't make you tense. Figure skating might do it... but then, I've seen some pretty bad falls, and those always make me twitch.
My knee was better today, but it still felt wrong when I was streching. I'm harder on my knees (esp. the left one) than the older generations in my family, and I've known since I was about 6 that I inherited my mother's, grandmother's, and great-grandmother's knees... so at least it isn't suprising when they bother me. Just annoying.
Julie, I love the photo!
Dustina, sweet hat. You did that since the start of the Olympics!? wow.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-16-2010), dustinac (02-16-2010), jberry16 (02-16-2010), knit2btied (02-16-2010)
Old 02-16-2010, 02:05 AM   #11724
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Gina: I cannot knit when I have the painkillers in me, running amok. It just does not work out. Try some audio books perhaps. That way all you have to do is lay there and listen to them. Get your DH to go get you some from the library. Good luck!

Well, Julie, I love that picture! Thanks for sending the copy to my e-mail inbox. The copy and paste thing from Facebook did not work (I don't think) so I am going to try to size the pictures tomorrow and get you a few to look at. I have three picked out.

My newest grandson and I got cuddle time in. My other grandson (we'll call him #1 because he is my son's first child) is not taking too well to being a big brother. For no known reason, he punched me in the sore knee and it hurt like fire, then he decided he was really not happy with me I guess, because he bit me on the hand. Please do not tell me he did not know that it was my sore knee because he watched me very carefully when I was there the first time and the second time, and each time he came rushing at me I covered the sore knee (until this time when I was distracted). All this after I spent MORE time with him than I spent with the baby. #1 is a very angry little man right now. How are you supposed to handle a situation like that with your DIL sitting right there, and knowing she does not like you. Do you correct the child she totally ignored? Do you ignore the child, just like they do? Do you bite the child back to show him how it feels? I grabbed him by the shoulders, gently, turned him around to face me and gave him heck. I told him in a firm voice that he is NEVER to bite me again, that I don't like it and it is not a nice thing to do. He hung his head and quivered his bottom lip but said nothing. At the time this happened my son had talked my DH into going to the store and buying him a pack of cigarettes. He was not in the apartment. The reason I know that his significant other knows what the child did to me is that when my son came back he asked me why I was being so quiet and just sitting there. I told him about Mikey biting me. She then said "that's nothing, he balled up his fist and hit your mother right in the sore knee and he hit her hard." She saw him do it, yet chose to ignore what he had done. I should also tell you that this boy is 2 1/2 and the only word he speaks is NO. I don't think they spend much time talking to him. I am so confused and upset!

Anyways, I have some lovely pictures of me visiting with my new grandson (#2) and even a really good one of my #1 with his father. However, it was not a very good visit.

[IMG]http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?pid=5295076&id=650340379&fbid=3329488903 79

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?pid=5295075&id=650340379&fbid=3329488753 79[/IMG]

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?pid=5295073&id=650340379&fbid=3329488503 79[/IMG]

I'll try to fix it tomorrow so you can see the pictures. Right now I am sore and tired and going to bed.

To those of you in Canada, I hope you had a really nice "Family Day".

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-16-2010), knit2btied (02-16-2010), melmac51 (02-17-2010)
Old 02-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #11725
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

Julie~I love how you did that photo...his eyes are sooo blue

Gina~Make sure you listen and take it easy Thank you but it is an easy pattern

Emily-Thank you Yep started it on Saturday and finished it on Sunday

Christine~I'm sorry your visit was so rough. Do you guys live close enough to where you get get the little boy and take him out for special time? They need to be really aware of his feelings right now...sounds like he is feeling ignored

It is snowing and we are having another snow day...down to 1 day for spring break now

Working on mittens for Roo and can enjoy the snow since JD is home. He took off so we could go out together while the kids were at school for Valentines...

I hope you guys have a great day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-16-2010), jberry16 (02-16-2010), jess_hawk (02-16-2010), knit2btied (02-16-2010), The.Knitter (02-16-2010)
Old 02-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #11726
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Christine, it sounds like you handled GS1 really well and the momma must have agreed. Way to go. How painfully frustrating, though! It sounds like the momma doesn't have a lot of parenting skills. Your example was a good one. Some parents just don't know how to deal with their kids, including talking to them ALL the time! GS1 doesn't have the communication skills to express his frustrations and is communicating his pain in inappropriate ways, but in the only ways he knows. He needs to be read to, talked to, listened to, etc. But you're the grandma, so you can't just TELL the parents that. Your example is really good.

Dustina, I'm trying to take it easy. My house needs cleaning, though....I'm really tired of sitting around. DH arranged to have all the small group leaders from church come for a party on Friday. (This was arranged a long time ago.) So I at least have to be well by then. Thankfully, all I have to provide are beverages. But the house can't be dirty, right?!?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-16-2010), jberry16 (02-16-2010), knit2btied (02-16-2010), The.Knitter (02-16-2010)
Old 02-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #11727
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by G J View Post
Dustina, I'm trying to take it easy. My house needs cleaning, though....I'm really tired of sitting around. DH arranged to have all the small group leaders from church come for a party on Friday. (This was arranged a long time ago.) So I at least have to be well by then. Thankfully, all I have to provide are beverages. But the house can't be dirty, right?!?
The house had better be dirty! Your insision is bleeding, that means you haven't been a good girl. sit on your butt and get better! that's an order In order for your body to heal, you need to eat nutritious foods and drink lots of water and REST or your cells wont be able to have enough energy to rebuild themselves and multiply to fix your body, I know you know this. So just sit your butt down and have someone else clean the house, this is one time you should feel deserved enough to have a miad service come in and do the cleaning for you, besides you know the house will have to be cleaned after the party anyway. THe other thought would be to move the party to another location because you just had surgery! They'd understand. ok I'll get off my soap box and quit giving orders.

In other news, I had the exam in lecture today & it was 50 questions and I only guessed on 9 of them, and about half of them were educated guesses, a few of them were a shot in the dark but I think I got the other 41 correct, so I should come out with @ least an 80%. Not bad considering instead of studying this last week we were fighting the stomach bug.
no I'm not pregnant(yet), I can prove it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-16-2010), G J (02-16-2010), knit2btied (02-16-2010), melmac51 (02-17-2010)
Old 02-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #11728
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
Well, Julie, I love that picture! Thanks for sending the copy to my e-mail inbox. The copy and paste thing from Facebook did not work (I don't think) so I am going to try to size the pictures tomorrow and get you a few to look at. I have three picked out.

My newest grandson and I got cuddle time in. My other grandson (we'll call him #1 because he is my son's first child) is not taking too well to being a big brother. For no known reason, he punched me in the sore knee and it hurt like fire, then he decided he was really not happy with me I guess, because he bit me on the hand. Please do not tell me he did not know that it was my sore knee because he watched me very carefully when I was there the first time and the second time, and each time he came rushing at me I covered the sore knee (until this time when I was distracted). All this after I spent MORE time with him than I spent with the baby. #1 is a very angry little man right now. How are you supposed to handle a situation like that with your DIL sitting right there, and knowing she does not like you. Do you correct the child she totally ignored? Do you ignore the child, just like they do? Do you bite the child back to show him how it feels? I grabbed him by the shoulders, gently, turned him around to face me and gave him heck. I told him in a firm voice that he is NEVER to bite me again, that I don't like it and it is not a nice thing to do. He hung his head and quivered his bottom lip but said nothing. At the time this happened my son had talked my DH into going to the store and buying him a pack of cigarettes. He was not in the apartment. The reason I know that his significant other knows what the child did to me is that when my son came back he asked me why I was being so quiet and just sitting there. I told him about Mikey biting me. She then said "that's nothing, he balled up his fist and hit your mother right in the sore knee and he hit her hard." She saw him do it, yet chose to ignore what he had done. I should also tell you that this boy is 2 1/2 and the only word he speaks is NO. I don't think they spend much time talking to him. I am so confused and upset!

Anyways, I have some lovely pictures of me visiting with my new grandson (#2) and even a really good one of my #1 with his father. However, it was not a very good visit.

[IMG]http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?pid=5295076&id=650340379&fbid=3329488903 79

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?pid=5295075&id=650340379&fbid=3329488753 79[/IMG]

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?pid=5295073&id=650340379&fbid=3329488503 79[/IMG]
Christine I think you handled it just right. They need to talk to him or take him to a speech therapist, he should be speaking in 4-5 word sentences by now. Cailtin's only 27 months (today) and will tell us complete stories, then again she has 2 older siblings that talk all day long. Jacob talked very well and like Katie by that age though. Consider the mother though, if she doesn't like you maybe she liked the fact that her kid caused you pain? As stupid and childish as that sounds. If GS1 was with you alone and did that, I'd have busted his butt and then bit him back esp since he can't tell on you because he only says no. Also I know theres a pic of him watching tv, that's a big problem too. My kids watch more tv than they should and I hate that but it's sometimes the only way I can get studying done or whatever because I know they're right there not getting into something they shouldn't be. Maybe next time you go take him a little book and read to him before adoring GS2? He doesn't know you very well and that's not your fault but you 2 need to build a relationship then maybe things will turn around.
If you dont mind, I'm going to use the links above and try to post those pics in the thread so everyone can see, I'm not sure why it didn't work before?
cacunn (02-16-2010), knit2btied (02-16-2010), melmac51 (02-17-2010), The.Knitter (02-16-2010)
Old 02-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #11729
jberry16
Instepping Out

cacunn (02-16-2010), knit2btied (02-16-2010), melmac51 (02-17-2010), The.Knitter (02-16-2010)
Old 02-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #11730
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Julie: Thanks so much for doing that for me! I can't seem to remember how to size pictures lately (brain fog is bad lately). On Facebook I don't have to. I have no idea why they turned out right for you but not for me. Oh well, thanks again.

Gina: For crying out loud DO NOT clean that house for the party. Call Molly Maid if you have to, but don't you do it yourself, PLEASE!!!!! Go lay down in bed, phone your public library, talk to a library clerk, ask her what books they have on audio and then have your DH pick you up a few on his way home from work. Then lay in the bed and listen to a story! PLEASE do not do anything heavier than lifting the CD to put it into the machine! You're a big girl now and you know what you have to do to get well, so do it. The drugs cheat, they make you feel ok so that you think you can do things like climb a mountain, but trust me, you can't. Store the energy that you are getting because of the pills because you will need it once you are not quite so ill. OK lecture over, I trust you will do what is best.

Dustina: These people are only aware of themselves. They are quite selfish. It's one of the reason I did not have contact with them for two and a half years. GS1 is adorable but they don't spend enough time talking to him and I did not see one single book in that house, adult or child. I never stopped talking to the children the whole time I was there (of course I am gregarious anyways and have been told that I NEVER shut up). My children both have very good vocabularies because I talked to them constantly. The only word they seem to say to this child is NO and that is the only word he says. It's very sad.

On to more news: I started some really easy knitting today. I have an outfit that has been sitting waiting for someone I know to have her baby. It's garter stitch only and very easy to knit. Well, baby is here and it is time to get off my soap box and finish knitting. Baby knitting is light and easy. I am knitting the Teddy-All-In-One in white with shocking pink ears, hand and feet pads and YES I will take a picture or two when it is finished.

Once the outfit is finished I will go back to knitting my socks. I have three pair here that have one sock finished of each pair. It's time to get some WIP's to turn into FO's.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-16-2010), jberry16 (02-16-2010), knit2btied (02-16-2010)
Closed Thread