Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #11741
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Glad to hear it Gina! Since you're not on pain meds, can you knit?

Ok WARNING! the picture below makes me look like death warmed over, but I'm cleaning house today and this is a carrier I made to 'wear' Caitlin while I cook or whatever so she can see and be safe; I also use it to go to Jacob's school to pick him up since it's fairly nice weather now. Bailey took the picture with my cell phone. (thinking to self, maybe I should just crop myself out of the photo before posting it, nah too lazy)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-18-2010), knit2btied (02-18-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #11742
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Yeah, Julie, I've been knitting. Can't do it for too long, but I think I'm ready to do the garter stitch of the last sleeve of the FLS! Your carrier is adorable, but your poor back and shoulders! She's not tiny!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-18-2010), jberry16 (02-17-2010), knit2btied (02-18-2010)
Old 02-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #11743
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Hi again, all! Surprised to see me?

Julie, you made that carrier? Great job! I agree with Gina, though- be careful of your back and shoulders.

Gina, good to know you're taking care of yourself. Overwhelming- family, friends, life... it's OK. There's nothing terrible going on, just lots and lots going on. Things are getting better at home, slowly but surely.

Christine, how are you doing? Any interesting mail lately?

Knitting news- I knit Chris a fairly complicated cabled hat... I managed it in a week, which surprised me... and then it didn't fit! I made him try it on as I went along, so I knew it fit width-wise, but it turned out to be too short. I'm not taking out all those cables, so I just picked up stitches around the ribbed brim and knit more ribbing. It looks a bit strange, but it's not a solid yarn so that hides it a bit. He likes it, so that's all that matters, right? I have no idea what my next project will be, because I have SO many things in mind that I want to do.

I hope you all are well!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-18-2010), jess_hawk (02-18-2010), knit2btied (02-18-2010)
Old 02-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #11744
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
Ok WARNING! the picture below makes me look like death warmed over,
Let me see:
1) You were created by God
2) God is perfect in all aspects
3) Based on 2) God's creations must be perfect.

Therefore, you are perfectly beautiful in all your aspects.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
Abbily (02-18-2010), jberry16 (02-18-2010), knit2btied (02-18-2010)
Old 02-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #11745
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thank you Chris, that was very sweet. Sad how we get so caught up in the worlds views of no make up is icky and we need to look good and pretty all the time, like the models.

Gina & Carey she's not that heavy. It's not used much, really. I think I've used it twice since I made it, I made it too wide to use early on, she got lost in it. So now it's like giving her a piggy back ride to the school and back and she loves it. I'll probably only use it on Wednesdays when she hasn't had a nap before we go to get Jacob. Otherwise she can use her little chubby legs to walk and tire her butt out.

Not much in the way of knitting...o well.

Got a 76% on my lecture exam (that I took on Tues) not as good of a grade as I wanted, but I didn't want to have to skip studying to take care of kids that were throwing up either. I currently have a 81.9% in lecture. Lab will probably be another story (sadder) I'll let yall know what I got on that exam Sat afternoon or Sun.

As some of you know (unless I posted to here) I got a blackberry yesterday & I it!!! I haven't been on the pc since yesterday about 6pm, everything has been done on my blackberry; pretty nice. Brian got the tour & I got the curve.

Dustina I know you have a curve too, do your keys wiggle? I mean can you get ahold of the keypad/board and wiggle it like a loose tooth? Brian's tour doesn't do that buy my curve does, just wondered if it was normal. tia.

ok night all.

o some sad news, I almost forgot, my Grandpa died this morning, about 6am MST, and my Dad isn't doing real great. They weren't very close, so we weren't very close, but I know he loved us lots & used to come visit us from VA so things are pretty somber here. Please keep my Dad in your prayers as Mom says this will most likely trigger another bi-polar episode. ick.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-19-2010), knit2btied (02-19-2010)
Old 02-19-2010, 12:14 AM   #11746
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Carey, I'd love to see pics of the hat when you get a minute! YAY for fixing it! That can be tricky.

Julie, you'll pull your grades up. You know how, you just had a bad week. Keep plugging at it! Sorry to hear about your grandpa and your dad. Hopefully, your dad will handle it better than expected. Bipolar is SO difficult!

In knitting news, I finished my FLS! Here's a picture of the buttons I got for it in Alaska. I wasn't sure if I should do them all the same direction or alternate. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	FLS 013Postable.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	54192  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-19-2010), jberry16 (02-19-2010), knit2btied (02-19-2010)
Old 02-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #11747
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters

Julie-I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, prayers for your dad and family I never noticed my keys wiggling like a tooth...so I just tried they do wiggle some but not bad (not sure if that helps or not)...I've been looking on Amazon for some cute skins/covers

Carey~I would do the same thing with the hat...your right him liking it is all that matters (and you prolly notice it more than anyone else) can't wait to see what you do next

Gina~Love the color, it looks so pretty. I like the buttons how they are

Guess what? The kids are going to school today. What is this school you talk of?

Hope you guys have a great day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #11748
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Abbily: Funny you should mention that, because the mailman brought me an envelope yesterday (I sent a message to your FB). Carey knit me the matching hat to go with the scarf that the Texas ladies knit me when I had what I am calling the 1,000 accident. The colour is a lovely rich deep red, the pattern is Silver's reversible scarf and hat but I can't seem to remember the actual name of it, darn it. It is the most beautiful set and when I go to physio today my head and neck are going to be wonderfully warm. Thanks so so very much Carey!!! I love my new hat! xoxo

Julie: So sorry to hear about your Grampa and your Dad. Hopefully he will accept that death is a part of lilfe and miss his Dad but let him go, and therefore not have another episode.

Gina: Love the sweater and the buttons look fine the way they are now.

Dustina: It must suck having the kids have to go to school on Saturdays just because Mother Nature thought you lived in Canada this year. From what I hear her GPS messed up, several times. She even got as far as Cacunn's house (probably because he loves that sexy little woman's voice saying "please turn left here or please turn right at the next set of lights, etc.).

Ok so I started knitting again the other day and since then I have gotten the mitten done for one sleeve on the Teddy-All-In-One that I am knitting for my girlfriend, who just had a baby girl. Before the accident I got the body and hood done and all I have left to knit are the ears, sleeves and button bands, and then to sew it all together and put the buttons on. I may have this outfit done before the child is too old to wear it! I hope so. I'll take pictures and post them for you to see.

I'M KNITTING AGAIN! (socks will be next).

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #11749
jberry16
Instepping Out

Gina I your fls! Very pretty! Those buttons are perfect!

Christine glad to hear you're knitting again!

Dustina I just went to the verizon store where I got it and they said it was normal because the floor models do the same thing. However my cousin has tried to wiggle hers and nothing moves. I'll go to a different store on Saturday and see what they say
I have a blue silicone skin for mine & I love it. I almost got the purple phone but decided on the black because it's more 'classic' and classy looking. The purple looked a bit cheap.

Thanks guys, Dad seems to be doing ok so thats a good sign. He and his sister are awaiting a date for the memorial service to buy tickets so we'll see how that goes. Dad said, "we need to hurry this up so we can put it behind us."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-19-2010), knit2btied (02-19-2010), The.Knitter (02-19-2010)
Old 02-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #11750
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Julie, I'm sorry to hear about your granddad! I hope your dad will be OK.

Gina, I love the FLS! I think the buttons look lovely the way they are.

Dustina, wow, the kids are finally back in school? Too bad about the Saturdays, though.

Christine, I'm so glad you like the hat, and that it got there safely! Yay for knitting again, that's wonderful!

I finished Chris's hat (again) yesterday, and started a Karin shawl with my Christmas present yarn- Blue Heron- which is gorgeous. I just hope I have enough for a decent sized shawl. Of course, I started it during the olympics last night and promptly screwed up row 7, but didn't realize it till row 9, so I fixed the mistake and then put it down to watch the men's figure skating. It will be my airplane knitting in a few days- I'm going to Chicago with my best friend Karen to attend her grandma's funeral with her. Hopefully I'll get a little more work done on it before then.

Meanwhile, here's Chris's hat. I just set it on my desk for the picture; haven't gotten one of him wearing it yet. The darker one shows the color more accurately.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-19-2010), jberry16 (02-19-2010), knit2btied (02-19-2010), The.Knitter (02-19-2010)
Closed Thread