Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #11791
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Chris, you're right about each spouse needing time. Sometimes I like it when DH goes out of town. Then I don't have to worry about feeding him and an apple for dinner works just fine!

Christine, it sounds like you definitely need to have a talk with the doc. Remember you get more with honey than vinegar, but insist that they do liver function tests. Pain meds (and others) can mess with your liver in bad ways. It sounds like your filtration system is indeed being compromised! In that case, by all means don't worry about gaining weight. Once they straighten that out, you'll be just fine! Quitting smoking will also do you wonders! Still praying for you! Have fun with the PS, but don't overdo! And don't push to hard on the knitting! Enjoy the process, even if it's picking up stitches!

Hi Jackie! So nice to hear from you. Sounds like you need to go down a needle size to get gauge. OR, if you like the way the fabric looks and don't want it tighter, knit a larger size to make up for it. What are you making?

Dustina, you doing okay?

Julie, how was class today?

DD and I went to an outlet mall today. That girl can SHOP! I got some pants, a top (for teaching that starts Monday) and a raincoat. I've been looking for a raincoat for a couple of years and found one I love and fits great for less than half price. YAY!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (02-28-2010), dustinac (02-28-2010), knit2btied (02-28-2010), The.Knitter (03-01-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #11792
knit2btied
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to knit2btied
Christine, if the doctor doesn't give you medicine for IBS, you could try drinking an ounce or two of mangosteen juice each day. It has been used successfully since (I think) one of the world wars for pretty much any bowel-related problem. It tends to be a little pricey here in the states, but it does work! (It doesn't taste very good though...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knit2btied For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-01-2010), The.Knitter (03-01-2010)
Old 02-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #11793
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
morning
thanks gina, it's http://www.ravelry.com/projects/jackky68/hey-teach
I frogged it out from the pond
The http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/hamanaka-flax-k-k is too fine to knit with, and after frogging, the texture is not as good as new now. I did it in a piece, which i cant get the Lace pattern right for both the Right and Left side.

Now i m using http://www.ravelry.com/people/jackky...seasons-cotton US 7, casting on 91 for the Back.

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackie Lim For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-01-2010), knit2btied (02-28-2010)
Old 02-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #11794
G J
Instepping Out

Wow. It's quiet on here!

I just had to put a quick comment up: Emmelyn is fed up with Amit about something. She didn't tell me what, but I'm getting the sense that she's starting to see him for who he really is. Praise God and pray that it continues!

Hope you all are doing well!

I start my full-time job tomorrow. Pray that it goes well! I'm nervous! I'll be teaching BCIS (business computer information systems) 1 & 2. I'm also tutoring a lot this week, so it will be a full week! Good thing I'm feeling good!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #11795
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
good morning, all the best for the new job, you gotta be busy

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackie Lim For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 11:43 PM   #11796
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Congrats Canadians

Gina I'm so glad she's aggrivated with him! I'll keep that it continues...one red flag leads to another, and another and another. (it did in my case, hope it's the same for Em) Good luck for your first work week! you go girl!
btw Sat. class didn't go so well...my fault for not studying much, got a 50 something % on that quiz, but he allows us to drop 1 quiz, so I'm sitting just above a 70% in the lab class, sigh. I can do it, just need to make more time to study, seems my life has been super busy the last few weeks. (not sure why or exactly what though)

Jackie, Katie is huge! She's now 30 lbs and loves wearing that pooh outfit you sent when she was born. Thanks again. I have to explain to people that it came from Singapore, and they can't get one like it in the states. lol. I looked through your blog the other day and wow you've been busy. Pretty stuff and yummy looking foods.

Dustina I prayed extra this weekend with the wake and funeral. Hope there's some closure now and things will get better.

Jess I got your pms, just haven't had a chance to be on the pc much, I'm going to the lys tomorrow to get some self striping yarn...excuse to buy yarn!

I know I had other things to say to other people, but I'm brain dead and tired...talk to you all tomorrow.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-01-2010), dustinac (03-01-2010), jess_hawk (03-01-2010), knit2btied (02-28-2010)
Old 03-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #11797
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I love my socksters!

Thank you everyone for the internet hugs and kind words and prayers. Today is the first day I've been alone since last Monday. JD came home to be with me on Tuesday and planned to go back to work on Wednesday. However, while I was trying to get up enough courage to call my friend's dh that morning...he called me to check on us (I felt horrible I should have called him first)...anyways after talking to him, JD decided to stay home. Thursday a friend I have made since moving here called me up and wanted to know if I'd like to spend the day with her...it was nice to get out and talk about other things. Friday we had popcorn day at the school and early dismissal due to the snow coming...Then Saturday and Sunday were the services, it was so hard. I just can't imagine losing my mom at that young of an age...continued prayers for them please.

Today I'm trying to find my house since we haven't really been here much...its a mess!

On a lighter note my grandfather is turning 90 on March 8th and we are trying to see how many cards we can get for him. He loves getting cards and at Christmas he got some and loved them...would just sit and keep looking at them (some he didn't know personal who sent them but he would say he did)

If you guys would like to send him a card just pm me and I'll send his addy to you...

Jackie-So good to see you posting, how are you guys doing!

Gina~Continued prayers for her and also you today

Julie~You can do it

Christine- I agree with the others....in my prayers!

Chris~So true we all need "me" time...

Emily-hope you enjoyed the movie!

The song Julie posted I heard on the radio right when we knew Jackie was getting bad...so hard to listen to that song...now it has become a song the kids sing a lot. Roo sang the chorus over and over on Saturday after we let her pick out her rose. She wanted to do something and most requets she couldn't do...then she asked if she could take her change and get a rose. They were very nice to her and talked directly to her...she wanted a light blue rose (just one) and they talked her into a vase. She wanted on the card "I miss you Jackie"...we don't know why she picked blue.

On Saturday when seen me all in black she said "mommy, you should wear red, Jackie loved red"

If I missed anything just let me know

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-01-2010), jberry16 (03-01-2010), jess_hawk (03-01-2010), knit2btied (03-01-2010)
Old 03-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #11798
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
I love my socksters!
On Saturday when seen me all in black she said "mommy, you should wear red, Jackie loved red"

If I missed anything just let me know
Maybe you all could plant a red rose in your yard for Jackie, then her memory would live on as something concrete and not just memories.
we love you too! and I'll get the kids coloring some pictures later to send to your Grandpa.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-02-2010), dustinac (03-02-2010), knit2btied (03-01-2010)
Old 03-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #11799
G J
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post

Jess I got your pms,
Julie, SO sad that you got someone else's PMS. Having your own is bad enough!

You'll do better next time. Maybe schedule some serious time every day and reward yourself with knitting? Or study while you knit! Quiz yourself as much as you can! It's not just about reading!

Jackie, so sad to have to frog! I thought you had almost finished your FLS. Why did it have to be frogged? I like your new choices. To use frogged yarn, you can put it in hanks and soak it and let it DRIP dry. Sometimes adding weight will also help take out the kinks.

Dustina, you and your family and friends are in my prayers. Roo was so sweet! HOw did you do in the Ravolympics?

Knit2B, I've never heard of that. Do you drink it?

Christine, hope the doctor's appointment goes well tomorrow.

My tutoring student will be here soon. Teaching went well today, but I'm tired and have two more hours to work!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-02-2010), dustinac (03-02-2010), jberry16 (03-01-2010), knit2btied (03-01-2010), The.Knitter (03-01-2010)
Old 03-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #11800
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by G J View Post
Julie, SO sad that you got someone else's PMS. Having your own is bad enough!

You'll do better next time. Maybe schedule some serious time every day and reward yourself with knitting? Or study while you knit! Quiz yourself as much as you can! It's not just about reading!
you're a mess, glad you quoted that, I'd never had known what you were talking about. I'd hate to pms for 2 weeks...sorry if that's tmi.

I do schedule serious study time at nap times 4 days a week, but I dont think that's enough time because while I'm doing pretty ok in the lecture (where I study most) I'm dieing in the lab. So hard when you can't easily get to the lab or campus library to study the models, so I take pics on my phone, but still only 1d, not 3d like the models.

Glad to hear your first day went well, you deserve a glass of wine tonight
btw, how's the house, is it all repaired to your liking?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-02-2010), knit2btied (03-01-2010)
Closed Thread