Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
angietron3000
Casting On

place stitches on waste yarn?
New here, I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out a pattern. I'm working on the Biker Boy sweater from Son of Stitch & Bitch for my husband and have gotten stuck where I'm supposed to be joining the arms to the body. Part of the pattern says "place stitches on waste yarn" but I can't find any explanation for how exactly to do this, do I knit them with a small scrap of yarn but leave them on the needle? or just pull a piece of yarn through them and let it hang separate from the rest of the pattern? Can't seem to find any help in my books or online.

Then you're supposed to knit some stitches from the sleeve, then some from the body and it's turning into a jumbled mess of needles and yarn! I have at least 3 circular needles wrapped up in this thing. I'm really confused and frustrated and about to frog the whole damn thing!
angietron3000 is offline   Reply With Quote