Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #11851
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Christine, I do it the same way as Gina, did you get it finished?

I got my hair cut yesterday, took a couple inches off, not a big deal. Here's a pic of it all fruufruu'd up, after the beauty shop.

Brian took the picture on my droid eris phone.

Dustina after going through 3 bb curves I couldn't take it anymore, that was 1 phone a week and same problem so I swapped it out yesterday (because I was within my 30 days) and got a droid eris, and I love it!!!

Somehow I totally forgot about knit night last night o well
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-10-2010), Jackie Lim (03-10-2010), knit2btied (03-10-2010), The.Knitter (03-10-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #11852
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
morning
still as high at 35deg C. Never ever cold weather just raining days

Julie - Hey gorgeous

Brian - nice pic taken

Christine - for the drive, will i see your car moving into my carpark i did a few baby sweater, never get the chance to take pic of the cuties. i just followed the pattern for the sleeve

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jackie Lim For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-11-2010), jberry16 (03-11-2010), knit2btied (03-11-2010), The.Knitter (03-10-2010)
Old 03-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #11853
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
I was at my DD's house today. I did not get any knitting done on the baby outfit. I have to knit two ears and two ear linings and then the knitting will be finished, then I have to sew the ear linings to the ears, sew the ears onto the hood, sew on the pads on the soles and the pads on the palms, and then the outfit will be finished! Tada!!! Perhaps two hours work until I have my first F.O. in about a year and a half! Today I did take my sock with me and knit a bit on it in the car on the way to DD's house. I had to stop because I forgot the pattern and could not remember how many inches the leg has to be or how to knit the heel (thanks Silver for the tutorial, which I printed and use on a regular basis when I am knitting socks because I love those heels and toes).

She was taking me around to the different stores to see where I could get the best buy on a dishwasher, as mine (and my DH) seems to have quit on me. The part needed to repair it is $300 and the new dishwasher is $500 so I am going to get the new one. We figure this way when Frank retires we won't have to worry about repairing appliances because for a while it will still be under warrantee. We got our income taxes done and are getting back $6,000.00 so we are going to pay off some credit card bills, plus a few other debts, then get both cars serviced, pay the lot fee on the trailer, get the lenses in my glasses replaced and hide $1,000.00 for our annual anniversary trip to Niagara Falls. When finished all this, we should be able to bank $500.00 (just in case, or for a rainy day fund).

We also found out today that it is much easier for me to carry a back pack instead of a purse. For some reason a purse will not stay on my shoulder when I am using my canes. I tested a back pack of my DGD's and it worked so well DH went and got me one of my own tonight at Wally World. It is solid black but has a bit of pattern on it in pale pink and white. I can live with it although I am NOT a pink person normally. I also got a matching clipboard to put knitting patterns on. This is a really neat item that has a cover on it that velcroes closed. It is in the matching black with pink and white. DH thought it would come in handy if I was out, carrying my sock pattern with me, when I find and if I find it.

I'm tired so off to bed I go. Take care everyone! Hugs all around. xoxo

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-11-2010), knit2btied (03-11-2010)
Old 03-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #11854
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Hi Socksters!

Just checking in real fast, things around here have been kinda crazy. Used to be my routine was to check in here before we started for school but now with school starting a tad earlier it seems to have messed our whole schedule up or something...about the time we have this one down it will go back to regular time

Its been so pretty here too that I've been enjoying having my windows open and being outside. I'm also at the school a lot helping with different things.

The kids also get out later and I'm having trouble keeping our evening schedule too...by the time they have went all day they don't want to do their hw...

I'm hoping today to take down my snowman stuff and get my spring stuff out... we will see gotta be back at the school at 11.

Julie~love the hair style...I wondered what happened. You didn't have any luck with the curve...I hate that, I really like mine.

Christine~So glad you can knit again and getting out a bit...yay to hubby for picking you up a book bag!

Gina~Keeping the family in my prayers

Chris~love the hat...

Hi everyone I know I'm behind and need to go back and read...hope you guys are all doing ok

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (03-12-2010), knit2btied (03-12-2010), The.Knitter (03-14-2010)
Old 03-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #11855
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Yes, it's finished and Chris is going to go to Facebook and then download the picture for you all to have a look at. It came out nicely I think! Now I am off to knit the second sock for my sister. It is started and half the leg is knit. It should take a week or so to finish the rest, then I'll post a picture of the pair.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
knit2btied (03-12-2010)
Old 03-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #11856
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi Socksters,
I've had the week off work, but I'm SO busy trying to get decisions made about house stuff. The patio cover should be done by tomorrow (we hope!) which is ahead of schedule. It's good and sturdy (as opposed to liable to get ripped off by the next rainstorm for the old one) and it doesn't leak! Today, they're supposed to re-surface the concrete, which currently has holes in it and a really uneven surface.

Emily, how's your spring break?

Julie, your hair always looks so soft and sleek! Lovely.

Jackie, your heat sounds awful. Do you have air conditioning so you can at least stay cool? Is it humid, too?

Christine, YAY on the $$! Good to plan its use, too! Can't wait to see your FO!

Dustina, I've missed you, but I understand. You're one busy mama!

I was going to run errands today, but I'm stuck for awhile until the concrete guys come. They need more decisions made. I went to knit night last night and ripped out the hat I was making. It was too big. Oh well. I also worked with a woman who has been struggling to learn to knit for months now. She's sort of not all there, if you know what I mean, and so I have to re-teach her every time she comes. She actually got three good rows knit, though. Her husband comes too and has learned to knit so he can help her. So sweet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (03-12-2010), knit2btied (03-12-2010), The.Knitter (03-12-2010)
Old 03-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #11857
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
Yes, it's finished and Chris is going to go to Facebook and then download the picture for you all to have a look at. It came out nicely I think! Now I am off to knit the second sock for my sister. It is started and half the leg is knit. It should take a week or so to finish the rest, then I'll post a picture of the pair.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (03-12-2010), knit2btied (03-12-2010), The.Knitter (03-12-2010)
Old 03-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #11858
knit2btied
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to knit2btied
Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Christine, your outfit is adorable!
Chris, thanks for posting the photo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knit2btied For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-12-2010), The.Knitter (03-14-2010)
Old 03-13-2010, 02:23 PM   #11859
jberry16
Instepping Out

Hey guys, hoping everyone is good, and is just out enjoying the weather.

Bailey turned 4 yesterday & we'll have her party (with the grandparents) tomorrow afternoon. I can't believe she's 4. Where does the time go?

Not much going on.

Emily I've been busy studying and haven't done much on the test knit sock for you, sorry. I will get to it, just not sure how much time I'll have in the next 2 weeks. Did you have a deadline? Is there a test knit somewhere else too for it?
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
knit2btied (03-13-2010)
Old 03-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #11860
jberry16
Instepping Out

o & like I said earlier with the curly hair pic, I dont usually wear curls in my hair, unless its just the tip. So here's a "regular" picture.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
knit2btied (03-13-2010)
Closed Thread