Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 09:39 PM   #11911
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Thanks Gina. Yes, I do know that. My family is full of wonderful marriages, and my mom in particular says to be careful and find balance in a relationship. Of course, she also says not to pick a guy like my dad, because you'll wind up with a kid just like him (and she's referring to me).
I screwed up with this guy, I let him get away with kissing me on the first date (like I said, I LIKE kissing, and I thought I'd be OK with it) and then I had to throw on the brakes, but that's a difficult thing for someone to understand when they hardly know me. A kiss isn't that big a deal, really.

I couldn't find the lady who emailed me about the GEO class, but I did get a response from her that they will waitlist me and they will probably have space for me in the class. So now I get to play a waiting game.

On the other hand, the waiting I've been doing for the new book in my favorite series is FINALLY over! I totally stalked the first floor today - fortunately I discovered by accident a couple of weeks ago that UPS leaves their delivery notifications on the front door, because I never use that door and would have been pacing around my mailbox for until the office was about to close. Instead, I managed to get it home and read it in 4 hours flat. Should I have been doing other things? heck yes. Was I? No freaking way.
Which reminds me to put up the last bookshelf on my bed!
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (03-31-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #11912
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
:w all::wal l:

365 days until I can get out of here.

Congrats, only one year to go!!!!!

My poor DH has now found out that he can't retire until 2013. This is because the contract right now does not include spouses in the benefits packages, just the "member". In 2013 they are supposed to be adding the spouses to the benefits package deal. That means I won't have to pay for my own drugs, dental or eye care if he can hold off until 2013. He has decided this is what he wants to do. We shall see if he gets tired out and just gives up before then. He is entitled to retire now if he wants to.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (04-02-2010)
Old 04-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #11913
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Well, hopefully things work out for your dh. If he's OK with three more years working where he is now, that's a wonderful thing. I think my grandpa would still be working as maintenance if his factory hadn't closed about the time he was up for retirement anyway, because he liked having something to do. So now he does all kinds of stuff instead.

I went to the movie Remember Me tonight (got my paycheck yesterday and today I got refunded for snacks I bought for seminar, I'd forgotten I had money coming from that... so I gave myself a treat.). I almost went to How to Train Your Dragon, but I was in the mood for something angsty and dramatic. Fortunately, I love that kind of movie, because that's what it is... and I never ever get to see them in theaters because everybody else insists on the lighthearted stuff... which is good, too, but I'm a sad songs type of person. Anyways, it was a good movie, as long as you like that kind of thing. If you go in hoping for something all happy and comedic, you'll be disappointed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (04-02-2010), The.Knitter (04-02-2010)
Old 04-02-2010, 07:30 AM   #11914
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
if he can hold off until 2013. He has decided this is what he wants to do. We shall see if he gets tired out and just gives up before then. He is entitled to retire now if he wants to.

I always hate it when the light at the end of the tunnel is another D##$% train.

He can do it there is good incentive. - You

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (04-02-2010)
Old 04-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #11915
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by jess_hawk View Post
I went to the movie Remember Me tonight (got my paycheck yesterday and today I got refunded for snacks I bought for seminar, I'd forgotten I had money coming from that... so I gave myself a treat.). I almost went to How to Train Your Dragon, but I was in the mood for something angsty and dramatic. Fortunately, I love that kind of movie, because that's what it is... and I never ever get to see them in theaters because everybody else insists on the lighthearted stuff... which is good, too, but I'm a sad songs type of person. Anyways, it was a good movie, as long as you like that kind of thing. If you go in hoping for something all happy and comedic, you'll be disappointed.
I tend to go for angsty and dramatic too. If I go and watch a comedy it has to have a pretty solid plot. My boyfriend has decided that we have to go and watch a movie today that I really am not interested in, lots of action but not much plot by the looks of it but we will see.

Went to see a movie last week and was really disappointed because I get motion sick with certain camera angles. When the camera moves around like someone is running with it I get all dizzy and have to look away. The whole movie was like that and I just had to sit there looking at my handbag so I didn't feel too awful!

Gotta go, my boyfriend is here.

ETA: I guess the movie was alright, funny in places but not really my taste. My boyfriend loved it.

Last edited by rachejm : 04-02-2010 at 01:02 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
cacunn (04-02-2010), jess_hawk (04-03-2010)
Old 04-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #11916
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

My friends tend to be movie snobs. We go to a movie, and then we spend the rest of the night analyzing every little detail before we conclude whether or not it was good. Usually we can agree... any movie involving time travel is likely to cause a riot.

As for the camera angles and such... I don't usually have a problem with it, but when we went to the most recent Bond movie we wound up getting there late and the only seats available were in the very front section, and then the movie was filmed in a style that was very choppy and hard to focus on, and all of us were dizzy by the end.
cacunn (04-03-2010)
Old 04-05-2010, 12:02 AM   #11917
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
HAPPY EASTER!!!

I've had a really busy weekend. The inlaws were here and we finished the yard! All the plants are in (I think we planted more than 70 plants, including four citrus trees--all rather small to fit the budget, but they'll grow) and got everything mulched so it doesn't dry out in the summer heat. DD also finished helping me put up some black and white pics of ancestors and family members. I painted a bunch of frames black and we got white or black and white mats for them and arranged them in the hall. It turned out so well! She even fixed some of the pics that had tears in them. We've been working on this for about 6 weeks, so I'm glad we finished.

Julie, did you have class this weekend? Hope it went well. Hope you get time to study every day this week. Tell your DH that you need to spend at least 2-3 hours outside of class for every hour in class. You NEED your time!

Emily, A kiss is different for different people. He obviously thought it meant more than it did. Bummer. Any word on the class? And what's the book? I have to be in the right mood for a movie filled with angst. I want to see The Blind Side, but it's not at RedBox yet.

Christine, bummer that DH has to postpone retirement, but it sounds like a REALLY wise choice.

Chris, those trains get me, too.

Rache, I'm not prone to motion sickness, but ugh! In a MOVIE?!? How miserable!

Dustina, did you get some days off? I've missed you here!

So DD's fiance told her he couldn't come this weekend, even though they had hoped he could. She was upset and in tears and then, less than an hour later, he walked through the door. I know he was trying to surprise her, but to make her cry took it too far. Jerk. She wasn't happy with him, either. Keep praying about it all. At least he went to church with us today. First time since October, I think.

I have off work tomorrow. I need it! It was a really busy weekend, with the inlaws here and today DS's GF and her parents were here ALL DAY. I'm Exhausted and need a day without a house-full of people.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (04-05-2010), jess_hawk (04-05-2010), The.Knitter (04-06-2010)
Old 04-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #11918
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Gina DD's fiance just gave you more ammunition yesterday, that's all. Next time the 'time is right' remind DD that he made her cry & how upset you were at him that he did that, because a man worth having will never make you cry, but a man who makes you cry isn't worth having. still praying that there's an end before a wedding.

I took some family pictures yesterday after Mass, I'll post here in a min. Classes are going, I'm not worried about the lecture, but I am about the dang lab. But the teacher said I could do it and get at least a C, so I'm not auditing it.

I have errands to run today and homework to do and studying for tomorrow's quiz in lecture.
ttyl
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (04-05-2010), The.Knitter (04-06-2010)
Old 04-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #11919
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Julie, that's an adorable picture!
Originally Posted by G J View Post
Emily, A kiss is different for different people. He obviously thought it meant more than it did. Bummer. Any word on the class? And what's the book? I have to be in the right mood for a movie filled with angst. I want to see The Blind Side, but it's not at RedBox yet.
At the moment, I'm waitlisted/will probably get in to the class. So I'm filling out my TA schedule and hoping. My professor says I shouldn't have a problem getting into a bio class last minute if they wind up not having space for me.
The book is Silver Borne, the newest book by Patricia Briggs. I picked up the first book because the title intrigued me (it's Moon Called), and absolutely fell in love. It's urban fantasy. If you like werewolves at all, do yourself a favor and buy this one. The main character is a Walker (can shift into a coyote) who was raised by werewolves, and when she moved to the Tri-Cities, she got a job working for a fae mechanic, wound up with the alpha werewolf as her neighbor, and has dealings also with the local vampire seethe (and no, they aren't sparkly or 'vegetarian,' even her friend Stefan). There's also a second series set in the same alternative reality world, which revolves around the younger son and Enforcer of the leader of all North American werewolves, and his mate.

Anyway, really good books.

Hopefully things turn out for the best between your dd and her fiance. As Julie said, a guy who makes his girl cry, doesn't deserve her.
jberry16 (04-05-2010)
Old 04-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #11920
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
just a quicky post to say that I need prayers for todays quiz, I've been up 1 hour, studying for 30 min or so and now the girls are up giggling...they didn't fall asleep till after 10pm last night.
I had dreams in the night that made me wake up with a heart beat so hard and fast that I thought it was going to explode out of my chest, dreams were about not knowing the answers for the quiz.
Closed Thread