Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
AniseRN
Ribbing the Cuff

Learning combined knitting, and circular ribbing
I posted over in what'cha knitting that I want to learn combined style knitting. But now I have a specific question, so I'm posting over here.

The KH video shows how to do the knit stitch, and explains that you have to wrap clockwise if you are doing circular knitting, and counter-clockwise for back-and-forth knitting. It also has a video of purling (one stitch, but that's what the replay button is for, eh?).

But--

Should the purling wrap be different when doing circular knitting?

Is there anything special about combined style ribbing, or circular ribbing, that I should know?

Can I switch from English to combined in the middle of a sock, or does the resulting fabric look different? If so, do I just start wrapping backwards on my first knit? Or do I do forwards wrapping on the knits (of the rib) for one round, and then switch to backwards wrapping?

Thank you in advance for any clarification!

Also PS: to JanInCA: I used your instructions for making the first purl in ribbing be nice and tight, and it works like a charm. Thank you.

Anise
AniseRN is offline   Reply With Quote