Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2010, 04:21 AM   #1
Denise in Michigan
Turning the Heel

Crocheted edging on knitted sweaters
I have sometimes put a crocheted edging on a knitted sweater, usually at the neckline but sometimes the bottom and sleeves, too.
I have never really been completely happy with them, though, on stockinette or anything that might roll otherwise. The darn thing still often rolls for me!

I have the feeling that it is how I am starting out the edging. I begin with a row or round of single crochet, sometimes several, before starting my shells or picots or crab or whatever I'm using.

What might I be doing wrong? Is it just not enough rows or rounds of sc? Picking up too many or too few stitches? Incorrect hook size?

I'd love to hear your ideas and experiences! Also, if anyone can suggest a book with basic crochet edgings that would be suitable for sweaters, I'd appreciate it. I'm getting a little tired of doing shells, picot, and crab!