Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
flipoid
Ribbing the Cuff

Lion Brand "Watercolors" Blanket
I'm knitting a Lion Brand pattern for a "Watercolors" blankie:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80...html?noImages=

I have started it 3 times, and can't seem to get the stitches to look right. The third and fourth rows that are "K1 with B, *K1 with C, K1 with B, rep from * across" and "K1 with B, *P1 with C, K1 with B, rep from * across"--is that the "broken rib" pattern or is it called something else?

When I try those 2 rows, I don't get stitches as they're shown in the picture of the blanket. I get stitches that, on both the right side and the wrong side of the blanket, just show the strands of the yarns as I switch colors, on top of the actual stitches. I can't really see the stitches at all as they look in the picture.

Between each set of those rows is 2 rows of knitting with Color A, which is the easy part! Rows 7 and 8 are the same pattern, just with the colors reversed (C then B instead of B then C). But I just can't figure out how to knit the blanket so that the stranded parts DON'T appear on the "right" side of the blanket.

Any help would be appreciated.
flipoid is offline   Reply With Quote