Old 06-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
winterlover147
Casting On

Hi, im new
I just started on this website today. I just started to knitt. Is there any advice on this new website that could be very useful for me?
winterlover147 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-02-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,798 Times in 7,158 Posts
Welcome to Knitting Help!

What kind of advice are you looking for? Tools for knitting? How to knit? How to use the forum?

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
winterlover147
Casting On

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Welcome to Knitting Help!

What kind of advice are you looking for? Tools for knitting? How to knit? How to use the forum?

I really don't know. Maybe how the forum works would be nice. I think I like these chats because it is very... nice.

Last edited by Jan in CA : 06-02-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: fixed quoted text
winterlover147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,798 Times in 7,158 Posts
Originally Posted by winterlover147 View Post
I really don't know. Maybe how the forum works would be nice. I think I like these chats because it is very... nice.
The forums are pretty user friendly. On the main forum page there is a description of what each forum is for. There are forum guidelines and your user settings right above the ad. Here's some basic info beyond that.

Click on each forum link and look at the top for the sticky posts that discuss the most common knitting problems or information for posting photos, abbreviations, etc. Lots of helpful information in those. If you still have a question feel free to ask.

To make things easier and get quicker answers when asking questions about anything include as much info as you can including the pattern name, a link if you have it, a few lines that pertain to your problem and what your question is.

You can search for answers as well if you want by using the search box right above the ad not the one at the top of the page.

Can't think of anything else at the moment...need more coffee.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
AngelaR
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by winterlover147 View Post
I just started on this website today. I just started to knitt. Is there any advice on this new website that could be very useful for me?
Watch the videos. They are some of the best I've seen out there on the web, and I look quite a lot for different techniques and always end up back here.

Stick to simple things with just knit and purl stitches for right now, knit squares and rectangles until you know your stitches in your sleep, then learn to read simple patterns. You'll have fun and relax all at the same time. I find knitting better than a visit to a day spa.
OTN: Writer's Cardigan
OTN: Hats!
http://www.ravelry.com/people/ARichter
AngelaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:47 AM   #6
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
Welcome aboard...
Hi!

I wanted to welcome you to the wild and wonderful world of knitting! You've really come to the right place with this site. It's a wonderful group of very generous and helpful knitters.

Are you working on a particular project right now? Or are you looking for "trouble"? If you are, you have REALLY come to the right place!

In knitting, as in life, no guts...no glory! So let us know what you'd like to tackle and you'll get lots of feedback!

Meanwhile, happy, happy knitting!

Ruthie