almost forgot about these...to die for...I added a little bit of onion and garlic powder to this (1/4 tsp of each) ....
Anne Shirley's Creamed Potatoes
"Then I'll have peas and beans and creamed potatoes and a lettuce salad, for vegetables," resumed Anne...
(Anne of Avonlea, Chapter 16)
3 large potatoes
1/4 pound butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cups heavy cream
1) Cook potatoes in boiling water for about 20 minutes.
2) Let cool and peel.
3) Break up coarsely, but do not mash.
4) Add butter, salt and pepper, and mix ingredients.
5) Place potatoes into a baking dish
6) Pour the heavy cream over the potatoes and let stand about 20 minutes.
7) Bake 20 minutes at 175 degrees.