Old 05-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #11
NorthernIrelandKnitter
1st Leg of the Journey

Having agreed to take the jacket up at the hem and possible give me the left-over yarn to knit an archery beanie for her, my friend and archery coach still wanted something done to fix the jacket. She doesn't like the fact that the extra bit at the neck was knit in cream instead of white and now says she finds the cuffs far too tight. I would agree with her about the cuffs - they were rather tight when I tried on the jacket. Somehow it ended up that she decided to give the jacket to charity and I said I would look at the pattern and see if I could knit another one for her. I just hope she's not in a big hurry for it.

Gillian
NorthernIrelandKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #12
NorthernIrelandKnitter
1st Leg of the Journey

The update on this saga is that my friend does not like the adjustments that have been made to her jacket - and I can't say I blame her. The collar has been knit in cream, where the border is white, and the cuffs are far too tight now. I have brought the jacket to my lys where the ladies told me that the yarn used has since been discontinued and that the jacket should be reworked in a similar chunky yarn. They have a lady who knits for them but would need to ask her if she could take on this project. The owner of the store was heading off on holiday for 3 weeks but said to contact her after that about it. I think if the knitter she has mentioned can't/won't do it, I'll undo the extra collar and cuffs and offer the jacket to the charity shop where I volunteer once a week.

I would love to take on the challenge of this project, but not for someone else - it would take me far too long.

Gillian
NorthernIrelandKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote