Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #21
cheley
Working the Gusset
 
cheley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 354
Thanked 187 Times in 162 Posts
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
I got my (poison) seeds in the mail. lol Thank you so much, Mary. You gave me enough to share. Very sweet of you.
Hi Mary...got mine too..Thanks soo much..I didn't forget you I have to get some of my Money Plants seeds to you...Hey Question: I am growing some Castor Bean seeds in a pot....something is eating it...and my rose bush!!! Any organic ideas? I don't do pesticides..Thanks so much Cheley
__________________

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote

 

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-07-2010, 06:17 PM   #22
mwhite
Instepping Out
 
mwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 2,559
Thanks: 1,000
Thanked 919 Times in 805 Posts
Originally Posted by cheley View Post
Hi Mary...got mine too..Thanks soo much..I didn't forget you I have to get some of my Money Plants seeds to you...Hey Question: I am growing some Castor Bean seeds in a pot....something is eating it...and my rose bush!!! Any organic ideas? I don't do pesticides..Thanks so much Cheley
I would say grasshoppers on the caster bean....they are particularly hungry this year as my Hibiscus leaves look like lace! As for the roses???
__________________
Mary
custoMaryevents
I'm MWhite on Ravelry, too...add me to your friends
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:38 PM   #23
cheley
Working the Gusset
 
cheley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 354
Thanked 187 Times in 162 Posts
Originally Posted by mwhite View Post
I would say grasshoppers on the caster bean....they are particularly hungry this year as my Hibiscus leaves look like lace! As for the roses???
So what do u use to keep em off?
__________________

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #24
mwhite
Instepping Out
 
mwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 2,559
Thanks: 1,000
Thanked 919 Times in 805 Posts
Originally Posted by cheley View Post
So what do u use to keep em off?
A stick.... Honestly, I don't know what to use. Who is that guy that uses ordinary household stuff like vinegar, beer, dishwashing liquid, etc....? His solution for roses/aphids works but has to be done everyday. Don't remember what's all is in it. He knows his trade, maybe a search will help.
__________________
Mary
custoMaryevents
I'm MWhite on Ravelry, too...add me to your friends
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:09 AM   #25
cheley
Working the Gusset
 
cheley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 354
Thanked 187 Times in 162 Posts
Originally Posted by mwhite View Post
A stick.... Honestly, I don't know what to use. Who is that guy that uses ordinary household stuff like vinegar, beer, dishwashing liquid, etc....? His solution for roses/aphids works but has to be done everyday. Don't remember what's all is in it. He knows his trade, maybe a search will help.
How funny!!!! I thought about that "guy" to and did a search...I was thinking something like "Schultz" but that's not it...anyone out there know?
__________________

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:51 AM   #26
CognizantAmiga
1st Leg of the Journey
 
CognizantAmiga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 191
Thanks: 130
Thanked 70 Times in 66 Posts
Those flowers are beautiful! The last moon flowers I did were vines. The moths were AMAZING! Haven't had any of them in years!
__________________
Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit, either. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
I'm Cognizantamiga on Ravelry!

CognizantAmiga is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CognizantAmiga For This Useful Post:
mwhite (07-09-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #27
mwhite
Instepping Out
 
mwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 2,559
Thanks: 1,000
Thanked 919 Times in 805 Posts
Originally Posted by cheley View Post
How funny!!!! I thought about that "guy" to and did a search...I was thinking something like "Schultz" but that's not it...anyone out there know?
Jerry Baker is his name....a friend who answered my question about this tells me that Mr. Baker's recipes are far from organic so guess we're back to the stick! I did leave another query for my friend to help us with our grasshopper problem....will let you know what he says.
__________________
Mary
custoMaryevents
I'm MWhite on Ravelry, too...add me to your friends
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:43 PM   #28
mwhite
Instepping Out
 
mwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 2,559
Thanks: 1,000
Thanked 919 Times in 805 Posts
Originally Posted by CognizantAmiga View Post
Those flowers are beautiful! The last moon flowers I did were vines. The moths were AMAZING! Haven't had any of them in years!
You're welcome to some seeds, if you like...PM your mailing info and I'll stick them in an envelope to you.
__________________
Mary
custoMaryevents
I'm MWhite on Ravelry, too...add me to your friends
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 PM.