Old 07-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #11
Debbie
Working the Gusset

Bambi, I LOVE that shawl pattern ! Thanks for the link ... how fun to make it with yarn from Paris !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I need to go back and get some yarn to make it...

I am DebbieKnits on Ravelery
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Debbie For This Useful Post:
bambi (07-14-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #12
luvmykid28
Turning the Heel

So much to see, so little time.
I am so jealous. Paris is one of my favorite places to visit. I had my honeymoon there.

Don't be afraid to use the metro. You can buy a week pass and safe money. You also safe your feet. I always get major blisters when I go to Paris.

You must visit La Madeleine Church. It is on Rue de la Madeleine. I love this church so much I named my DD after it. I like it because it is not like other churches. Rue de la Madeleine is a fantastic street, too. The couture shops are on this street.

Blvd de la St. Germain is also a wonderful area to visit. It is near University so there are always a lot of hip young students there. And the shops are always fun to see.

If you are planning to visit Jim Morrison's grave, don't. It is so diffficult to find. Rather disappointing when you finally find it. Although the cemetery is interesting.

You must go the Rodin Museum. It is small, but the gardens are beautiful. There is a small cafe there, too.

I love Luxemburg Gardens, too. I like to just wander in there and watch the men play games.

There is so much to see that no matter what you decide to see you will be blown away. Eat everything and enjoy the cafes as well. Make sure you ask to the check if you want the waiter to bring it to you. Otherwise he will just let you sit and people watch. He's not being rude, he's just doing his job.

All the places mentioned in previous posts are mind blowing. The only place I have not visited in 5 trips is the Louvre. I just don't want to spend the day there and the lines are usually out the door. You must see the Water Lilies at Musée de l'Orangerie they are breath taking, you have no idea how large the are. I will never forget them.

Bon Voyage

Have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures.

I have three passions:
1. My husband
2. My daughter
3. Knitting
Everything else can wait.
luvmykid28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #13
KathleenG
1st Leg of the Journey

I will be going to Paris in two weeks.

A place not to be missed is the church of Saint Chapelle. It is a jewel box of stained glass. Exquisite!
KathleenG is offline   Reply With Quote