Old 07-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #31
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
I miss the folks who are gone also, and a lot of them seem to have left once the OT forum was deleted. It was a place to go and chat with friends.

Ravlery is too big for me, but there are a couple of OT areas that I like.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #32
Lisa R.
Turning the Heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine's Mom
I have to say that I miss the OT thread. It's a bit tough to slog through the General Knitting area sometimes. I understand the reason for the switch, but I still miss OT.
Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
You aren't alone in feeling this way. The subject is under discussion by the Mods and Admins right now.
I'm glad to hear this. My time here has dropped off a bit partly because I'm trying to cut down on my online time in general to pay more attention to my household responsibilities, but partly because I have another forum I go to for "general conversation," and now it's harder to find the knitting topics among the OT conversations. I don't know how dividing those boards affects price/bandwidth usaage and all that--we should all be very sensitive to those issues! But I spent more time here when they were separated!

I LOVE KH, and spend much more time here than on Ravelry for the reasons others have given...it's just a cozier place, and even though I've never been very active here, I'm always welcomed, and I appreciate that!

I'm Knittermom9 on Ravelry
Lisa R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:27 AM   #33
bambi
Working the Gusset

I'm here, too. Just doing more lurking than posting!

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Bambi-M

I'm Bambi-M on Ravelry
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #34
Lana
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Lighting57 View Post
BTW, what has happened to Ingrid? I hope she is OK. She use to post quite often, but I rarely she her post anymore.
When I was able to visit KH regularly, Ingrid was a mainstay.
I too have noticed her absence and wondered what happened.

When I joined, there were many people from the area where I live who posted regularly.
I'm not seeing those names here either now.

I know I don't participate much in my other hobby message boards I've been on for 10+ years,
and people have dropped out of sight over the years from all the boards.

I guess sometimes, life just marches on.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #35
Lighting57
Turning the Heel

I too would prefer that OT have its' own place and not joined with the General Knitting board. I was wondering if maybe How To and Pattern Questions could be joined since they are very similar. Then that would free up a section for the OT again.

I understand too that this time of year may have a lot to do with the lack of traffic and comments posted.

The fact that post to Sells and Trades, etc. have fallen off a lot may be because of the bad economy.

When on this site, I feel more like a part of a family of knitters. Ravelry is a great site, but I get lost in the forum and it is very hard for me to go back to a post I read or posted to in the fast.

I hope the decline here will not in anyway harm the life expectancy of this website. I have looked through many sites looking for a second one to have as a kind of back up, but so far none compare or have the appeal that this site does.

The ones that maintain and keep this site up and going do a great job. THANKS GUYS/GALS!
Lighting57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:14 AM   #36
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,090 Times in 608 Posts
I must admit I too visit less since the OT thread was removed...This summer has definitely been a busy one and I haven't knit a thing since the kids have been on summer vacation, but when I do check the forum I just get too overwhelmed trying to find OT topics among the gen knitting topics. Maybe start a poll to find out which forums members visit most and which ones they wouldn't miss and re-arrange from there??

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote