Originally Posted by aprilbetty
Did you pick up 3 stitches for every 4? That is what works for me.
Aprilbetty, I picked up 2 out of three. Had I picked up 3 out of four, it may have looked better, but I still did not like the look of the buttonholes.
Here are three pictures of the details and finished cardigan.
I know it's hard for people to give advice without having pictures to view, but today is the first time I've been able to get to the library and upload these pictures.
In the mean time, I removed the buttonbands and I've made separate 2x2 ribbing vertical bands. I have finished the attaching the left side and I'm now working on the right side. The buttonholes are neatly enclosed in the purl stitches between the k2 columns.
The last two picture show the 2x2 vertical ribbing. I like the way the slipped stitches look along the outer edge too.