Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #11
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
Thanks for the permission to use your blanket to help others. You have good points that you mention about the borders being different depths. I know how that works. The idea of using self striping yarn is a good one. The other gal who wanted to do such a blanket had blocks of several different colors but no stripes or anything, so it would actually have been easier than yours as far as the intarsia color-work is concerned. On her's each block had a different pattern stitch going on, so that was an issue, but didn't effect the color-work part.

I have a good idea of what the back side looks like but folks who haven't done intarsia would be benefited by a picture.