Old 04-16-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
luvmykid28
Turning the Heel

Make 1 for Morgan - 2010
Aug 11, 2008 our son, Morgan Bradley Whiteley was born. He was very sick and his organs did not develop properly. Because of his under developed organs (mainly the lungs) he died 5 hours after his birth. It was the saddest day of our lifes. I learned to knit while I was pregnant with him, because I knew it was a good stress reliever. The 1st project I completed was a blanket that I had him cremated with. I don't think I would have survived without God, my family, friends and knitting.

"Irving Yarn Lovers" has kicked off this years Make 1 for Morgan:

We are collecting blankets, caps and booties for the babies in the NICU of Parkland Memorial Hospital of Dallas, Texas. These babies are the sickest of the sick.

We are looking to have all items collected by Aug 5th 2010 and delivered on Aug 11.

Blankets * knit, crochet, or sewn
*Yarn: soft, DK or worsted, acrylic fiber. No wool. No fuzzy, novelty yarns.
*Fabric: Soft printed cotton or printed flannel
*Needs: receiving blankets (approx. 36* x 40*), memory or burial blankets (20* square).
Booties/Socks * knit or crochet
*Yarn: soft, DK or worsted acrylic fiber. No wool. No fuzzy, novelty yarns.
*Needs: Preemie, newborn sizes
Caps * knit or crochet
*Yarn: soft, DK or worsted acrylic fiber. No wool. No fuzzy, novelty yarns.
*Needs: Preemie, newborn sizes (no larger than 12* around)

*These babies have very serious health conditions. Please avoid smoke and animal fur as these things can harm them. Please do your work in a smoke free environment. If you are a smoker or own a pet, please keep your items in a protected environment.

I am the mother of Morgan Whiteley and I started this charity event to help all those babies that are in need of a little extra love. I have created a Facebook Event.http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...17968878216033

Last year I collected 287 items and I hope we can collect at least that many again this year.

If you have any questions, please send me a message and I will be happy to help.

I have three passions:
1. My husband
2. My daughter
3. Knitting
Everything else can wait.
luvmykid28 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
luvmykid28
Turning the Heel

M1/4M 2010 over
I delivered all the items that were collected this afternoon. My final total was 137. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/luvm...or-morgan-2010

Hats 103
Blankets 24
Booties 2 pr.

Next week the PR person from the hospital is going to visit my yarn lovers group and write a story about Make One for Morgan or the quarterly hospital newsletter. Apparently the staff in NICU remembers my project and son. They told her all about the donations from last year.

Thank you to everyone that helped me with this project. I look forward to next year.

I have three passions:
1. My husband
2. My daughter
3. Knitting
Everything else can wait.
luvmykid28 is offline   Reply With Quote