Old 08-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
ItsNotAmanda
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to ItsNotAmanda
Holding a Stich-n-Bitch
I'm moving into a new place that's big enough to hold a good amount of people and apparently a bunch of people that I work with, knit.

I don't want to ask people for money to hold it, so I told them to bring their own supplies and something to throw in food wise like a baked good.

Being as I've never done this, what should I be prepared for? Other supplies? And....? I imagine it's just like hosting anything else, but figured I'd ask incase there is something else.
ItsNotAmanda is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-13-2010, 01:39 AM   #2
Belphoebe
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Belphoebe
Toilet paper. Get more than you think you will need. I know it sounds odd, but experience has shown it is a good idea.
Belphoebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
AngelaR
Turning the Heel

HA! Truer words have never been spoken.

Seriously, it's just a get together, bring your own project, a nosh, we knit, we talk, we laugh and leave. These are the best kind of get-togethers. You get to see what other people are working on, pick up some ideas and/or techniques and have fun.

Relax and enjoy!
OTN: Writer's Cardigan
OTN: Hats!
http://www.ravelry.com/people/ARichter
AngelaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
mspwrz
1st Leg of the Journey

Stock up on paper plates, napkins, plastic utensils and such unless you have a dishwasher or don't mind cleanup. We have these at our church from time to time but we don't call them by that name. Everyone brings a finger food and the hostesess make the drinks and our church furnishes the paper /plastic ware and the lovely 'parlor' for our gathering. Oh and don't forget about drinks. These gatherings are lots of fun and a great way to make friends and learn new techniques.
OTH: Hat to match scarf
FO: (C)Scarf for International Swap, 12 chemo hats this month, 2 Oddball blanket sections
ITB-too many UFO's LOL!!!!
mspwrz is offline   Reply With Quote