Old 08-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #21
N0obKnitter
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
Congrats. I'm sure you'll get excited soon enough. Being sick can really put a damper on enthusiasm.

I was pretty sick in my first trimester but things got great in the second just after 16 weeks and I have really enjoyed pregnancy since that point. I hope it does the same for you.

I do the same thing. Totally awful and embarrassing when I would throw up on the street. :( The worst time the wind blew my hair into me and I ended up with vomit in my hair and on my jacket and I peed myself.

I promptly walked back home and called in sick to work that day. Just NOT worth the trouble.
I tinkled a bit once cause I had to pee really bad but I had to puke more blargh.

Also, we have a low-flow toilet upstairs so when I ralph into it, it freaking splashes! YUCK!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #22
mks22300
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to mks22300
Congratulations!!! I hope you start feeling better and excited soon!

I'm mks22300 at ravelry
mks22300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:46 AM   #23
N0obKnitter
Working the Gusset

Thanks. Was feeling queasy yesterday again, no pukies though. Sigh.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #24
kristaj
1st Leg of the Journey

So sorry about the morning sickness. I was sick for the first 5 months when I was pregnant with my daughter. I ended up being put on anti-nausea meds because of dehydration (they work). What was funny though was that the only thing I could eat or drink for practically the whole time was lime Kool-Aid. On the positive side, after my daughter was born (second child by the way), I could wear my pre-pregnancy clothes right away and less than a month later I weighed less than when I got pregnant. Of course eight years later I have gained plenty to make up for it.

As far as the not feeling excited yet, I totally understand. When I got pregnant with aforementioned child, my life was in total upheaval. My husband had gone back to school full time and worked full time, my job was not going well at all, and my Dad was dying of cancer. Definitely not the greatest time for a pregnancy. Once I started feeling better, was off work for summer vacation and could feel baby move I started to get excited and got more and more so as the pregnancy progressed.

Congratulations and I hope you feel better soon.
N0obKnitter (08-13-2010)
Old 08-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #25
catlvr
1st Leg of the Journey

Whenever I started feeling nauseated, I had a warm (not hot) cup of tea. Worked like a charm!! Good luck, and congrats!!
catlvr is offline   Reply With Quote