Old 08-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
laikabear
Turning the Heel

Hello Again!
Hi KHers!!

I have been gone a looong time, but now I'm back.

My absence was mostly because I wasn't knitting... I had started Knitpicks' Lusekofte and got really frustrated because I kept messing up and then basically gave up on the pattern. I'm knitting a Clapotis (I know!) OTN for > 1 year, and I realized I don't really like the yarn, and I'm probably never going to wear it.

Also, I don't have AC and it's been a hot summer, so I haven't been very motivated to knit. AND, I got a puppy about 2 months ago so I've been busy with that...

ANYWAY, this week I just got an INCREDIBLE urge to knit. I'm going to start a pair of socks (hopefully toe up, not sure what, if any, pattern yet). I also want to rip Lusekofte and use the yarn for an EZ Fair Isle yoke sweater. Hopefully I won't have trouble following the pattern since... there is no pattern!

Anyone have any ideas for toe-up socks?

And of course, here is a pic of the little baby that stole my heart. Her name is Darcy and she is a Doberman (6 months). My other dogs Kate and Laika are in one of the photos.

I missed you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	3 girls 3.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	54778  Click image for larger version

Name:	darcy tug.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	54779  Click image for larger version

Name:	darcy ears.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	54780  

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,761 Times in 7,129 Posts
Welcome back! Your new puppy is really cute and so are your other furbabies!

Have you knit socks before so you need/want a fancier pattern? This one is excellent for learning the toe up method if you're using 2 circs (or another method if you're able to figure out the translation).
http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/2circsocks_start.htm

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
laikabear (08-28-2010)
Old 08-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
Mike
Working the Gusset

It's hard to hang on a knitting forum when you're not doing it. Especially when the weather is what's making you not want to.

YouTube channel
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike For This Useful Post:
laikabear (08-28-2010)
Old 08-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
laikabear
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Welcome back! Your new puppy is really cute and so are your other furbabies!

Have you knit socks before so you need/want a fancier pattern? This one is excellent for learning the toe up method if you're using 2 circs (or another method if you're able to figure out the translation).
http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/2circsocks_start.htm
I was hoping to do something a little fancier than "ribbing," which is what I've done before. The only other pattern I have knit before was Jaywalkers, which were a terrible frogging mess because they were too tight. I saw on Silver's Sock class that on her 1 sock on 2 circs she had a nice little cable. I think I will try that. My ankles/ calves are not very big so the other socks I made came out too loose, even in 2x2 ribbing. Going toe up will allow me to try them on and use fewer sts if needed!

I wanted to do 1 sock on 1 circ, but there is no tutorial for that so I guess I will go with the 1 sock on 2 circs. I don't really want to do 2 at a time because I know I will get a tangly mess.

I checked my stash of needles and realized I don't have any Size 1 or 0 circs though! I only have those sizes in DPNs. So I guess it's time to place a Knitpicks order. I am sure they have been wondering if I died or something.