Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
Krystal
Turning the Heel

Baby George is Here!! (lots of pics!)
Well I was deep into a knitting craze through all of August and then popped out my baby and have no time for it right now. lol

George Charles Raymond Paré (Pronounced as Perry) was born on August 29th 2010 at 3:47 am after 3 full days of labour, 24 of them active labour and 2 hours and 17 minutes of pushing. (Oh ya!) I was 41 weeks 4 days along.

He weighed 9lbs 11 oz, 21 inches long and had a 38 cm fat head! haha

He was less than 4 hours past my guess of the 28th on when he would be born the little stinker. I truly think being flat on my back for monitoring is what slowed things down. If I had been allowed to labour standing up like I wanted to (How I hated that bed!) pretty sure gravity would have helped bring my fat boy a few hours sooner.

I had been planning a natural home birth but when my water broke on the 28th we discovered he had pooped already so we had to transfer to hospital for constant monitoring. Thankfully everything is covered in Canada and my midwives even had hospital privileges so I had a really great birth experience.

Just minutes old. Instant love.

Daddy snuggling him about 10 min old. Wearing the hat and blanket I knit.

Just about 12 hours old here... I gave birth to a one month old I swear! Where is the funny old man face I was expecting?? lol

And baby makes three.

10 days old in the blanket I knit him.