Old 02-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #41
laikabear
Turning the Heel

I thought you lived in Alaska Jess.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #42
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

I spent a summer in Alaska and loved it... but had to come home unfortunately. I realized late last May that I hadn't seen a midwestern June in four years!
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
jess_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #43
laikabear
Turning the Heel

ARGH! I am at the point where I am trying to bind off the underarm stitches and join the sleeves - the shoulder shaping area is worked in the round with 2 steeks holding the sleeves together.

For some reason I always have trouble with bind off X # of stitches instructions... I can never tell just where to put that first bound off stitch. For instance, this one says Work to 5 sts before end of round. BO 11 sts across the last sts of this round and the first sts of the next.

So I worked until I had 5 sts left, then knit st #1, passing it over st #2, and so on. I started counting with st. #1, which means I counted 4 sts before the end of the round (since #5 was still on the needle), and then continued on the other side of the round until I had counted to 11.

When I got to the next round, based on the colorwork pattern, my bindoff was one stitch too late. So when they say work until you have 5 sts left and then bind off 11 sts, do they mean pass stitch 0 over stitch #1? I guess that is what they mean. I ALWAYS have trouble with bindoff instructions and never seem to do them right.

Well, it's kind of a moot point right now, since I messed up the joining and had to rip back. I guess I now get a second chance at starting that bindoff in the right place!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #44
laikabear
Turning the Heel

I am at the pinnacle of frustration with these sleeves! I have tried to join them 3 times and I just cannot get the stitch counts correct or the charts to line up. I think it's partially because the very first round is a decrease round. It would have been so much simpler to have the first round with the casting on steeks be just a plain round. Anyway, I am at my wits' end and have ripped the sleeves apart and tossed them in the knitting back without even putting them back OTN.

I may try to knit the caps back and forth. I think that might solve my stitch count/ chart lining up problem. I'm finding the chart in this section confusing. I've done plenty of charts with decreases and bindoffs before so I'm not sure why I'm so confused.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #45
funkyfemale32uk
Casting On

the Lusekofte kit. is stranded work(fair isle) and i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee te pattern.
funkyfemale32uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:44 AM   #46
funkyfemale32uk
Casting On

the Lusekofte kit.
the Lusekofte kit. it faire isle or stranded work intarsia or colour work is different as you knit blocks instead and can knit many colours in a row.
funkyfemale32uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #47
Quiltlady
Working the Gusset

Its different
Originally Posted by CognizantAmiga View Post
Fair Isle is one of my goals this year. I want to practice on something to be able to do Nonna's Garden Shawl I will see if I can find my example pattern and join in. Looking forward to it!
I bought the kit for Nonna's Garden Shawl when it first came out. But after having over 30 bobbins hanging off the back I just got turned off. Do you know it isn't Fair Isle that the shawl is Intarsia?? Now that I've tried Intarsia I can say that I truly enjoy Fair Isle much more.
Good luck with the shawl. I see some ladies have completed it over on Ravelry. It is pretty.
Quiltlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:14 PM   #48
doramide7
Casting On

Originally Posted by GinnyG View Post
I have a thistle vest (about 70% done), a baby sweater (completed but waiting for the steeks to be cut and assembled) and an Elizabeth Zimmerman Norwegian sweater about half done. You can see them on my Ravelry page.

I LOVE the Lusekofte sweater and actually considered ordering the kit but I have SO MANY other things waiting to be done.
I must say that I really like that sweater. Hmmmmm. . . . I wish they only sold the pattern. I'm sure I have enough yarn. Maybe I'll take a look through my Fair Isle books and see if something grabs me. I've been uninspired lately, starting lots of things and finishing none.

Maybe a FI will get me going. . . .
doramide7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #49
ChanceofYarn
Casting On

I am knitting a storm troopers hat (fair isle) style, this if my first attempt in knitting and is looking really good. so i'm joining you guys. this is a commissioned project
ChanceofYarn is offline   Reply With Quote