Old 10-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #211
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Gina, thanks for asking, I'm feeling pretty good. For the first time ever, with this kid I'm experiencing evening nausea - weird, starts between 6:30 & 7:30 & has gone as long as 2am. I'm 10 weeks today & will see the OBGYN on Thurs morning - after the balloon fiesta. How's Em & A. any word?

Jess I have no idea what the official term would be for my cousin's baby, dont think it's a neice, just another cousin as far as I'm concerned. BTW her thyroid is physically in the wrong spot, it's just behind her tongue, they're going to put her on meds & see the endocrinologist later. Poor mom & dad having to go through this, she's 6 days old today.

Chris thanks for letting us know about Christine & the c.diff. that stuff is TERRIBLE! That poor woman has the worst luck lately.

Not much knitting or spinning done reciently, how about you all?
I have class today & will have my test results back today, I'm hoping for at least the 72 I dreamed about, granted I also dreamed about him announcing to the class that someone got a 98.5 on the exam - doubt that's me.
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #212
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by jess_hawk View Post
Poor Christine! If it's not one thing, it's another, isn't it?
I hope she at least got my package to cheer her up; I've been worrying that it's lost.
I got your package. I was sure I had posted that on here. Sorry if I forgot. I apologize. They fit him. I tried to have a laugh when he put them on. When I feel better I will have him put them on again. Thanks once again Hon! They are great!!!

Thanks Chris. Sorry I am sick again. I will drop in now and then and try to type something.

Gina: Hopefully she will see him for what he is soon. Let`s hope.

Thanks for the prayers, keep them coming please!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (10-05-2010), jberry16 (10-05-2010), jess_hawk (10-05-2010)
Old 10-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #213
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Christine all you have to do is type "Hi"
or have Frank log in and tell us how you're doing.

btw, I'm unhappy to tell you all that I got a 69% on my first exam, thank God for extra credit points that will add up at the end & the opportunity to raise the exam grade with 2 more exams. sigh. I really want to pass this class with something better than a C!
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (10-06-2010)
Old 10-05-2010, 10:24 PM   #214
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi Friends!
Christine, feel better soon! You're in my prayers!

Julie, your cousin's child is your first cousin once removed. Sorry to hear about the evening sickness. Yuck. I have bad reflux in the evening, but no baby to blame! I wish I could help you study! Too bad on the test. Start studying for the next one NOW! Don't wait until right before the test.

We had a bit of a blow-up with E on Sunday night. She's been VERY self-centered lately, and we let her know we don't appreciate it and she'd better knock it off or she can move out or pay a LOT in rent. DH told her he can't believe she's with A and that he affects her badly. She's been SOME better since then.

As to knitting, I subbed today and had five classes taking tests, so I knit and watched them. Got a some work done on my sweater, but mostly, I re-knit mistakes! UGH!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-06-2010), The.Knitter (10-06-2010)
Old 10-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #215
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Hope you feel better soon Christine!

Sorry about the test Julie. You'll do better on the next one!

I'm a little overwhelmed with course stuff at the moment. I'm on placement two days a week and at Uni for the rest of the week at the moment. Next week I have to plan a lesson for and teach two groups at school. The week after I have to plan for and teach a lesson to the whole class (scary!). We also have an assignment in at the end of the month, self study to brush up our subject knowledge, subject specific tasks to be completed at school and a block placement to plan for, plus we are in 9-5 on weekdays.

I'm still enjoying it though, the first few weeks have flown by, I think the work load will feel better once the assignment is in.

As you can probably tell I have no knitting to speak of, which is making for a very boring blog.

rachejm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-07-2010), The.Knitter (10-06-2010)
Old 10-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #216
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Hi!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-07-2010)
Old 10-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #217
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Hi Christine!
I'm glad you got the boxers and they fit.
Hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

Gina - I hope things go better with E. *sigh*

Julie - I'm sure you'll do better on the next test. Do you have a classmate who can help you study?
In my family, siblings, parents, grandparents, and first degree aunts and uncles are referred to as what they are. But past that, any relative old enough to be your parent or grandparent can be called "aunt" or "uncle," and any relative young enough to be your kid or grandkid can be considered "niece" or "nephew." For instance, I know Sue is my mom's cousin, but she's still Aunt Sue. and her girls are as good as first cousins.

I got Beauty and the Beast on DVD. Gaston is nearly as creepy as I remember him. He single-handedly made B&tB the most terrifying movie I saw until I watched The Ring; I refused to watch it for years even though I loved every scene that didn't have him in it.

QOTD: What is your favorite Disney movie?
Mine is the Road to El Dorado.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
jess_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-07-2010)
Old 10-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #218
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by jess_hawk View Post
Julie - I'm sure you'll do better on the next test. Do you have a classmate who can help you study?
In my family, siblings, parents, grandparents, and first degree aunts and uncles are referred to as what they are. But past that, any relative old enough to be your parent or grandparent can be called "aunt" or "uncle," and any relative young enough to be your kid or grandkid can be considered "niece" or "nephew." For instance, I know Sue is my mom's cousin, but she's still Aunt Sue. and her girls are as good as first cousins.
same here Jess, on the family thing. And my Mom's aunts are my aunts etc. We're all family & we all love eachother & that's all that matters
as for studying, not really. I'm lucky I have time to go to class, studying is all done with quizzes online & studying done at nap times, which this first trimester I've been so tired, I'm usually napping too-figure my body needs it. I'm 10 weeks now so almost through the first trimester ick.

on that note, here's the first picture of the baby! Taken today & the OBGYN appointment. 10 weeks & 2 days. Everything's fine, she just did an ultrasound to make sure there was a baby in the correct area (in the uterus), to see if there was more than one & to get a good heartrate.

keep in mind, this isn't great-I took it of the ultrasound pic in print, in my car trying to get away from the glare of the mid day sun.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #219
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Julie - your baby is adorable! Usually I can't tell where the kid is on an ultrasound photo; this time I can actually tell what's what!

Chris - no, Bob Hope and Bing Crosby were not in that movie. Though, for the record, I do know who both of them were.

My labs tonight got out early! *happydance*
Though I cut my hand before my second lab and, honestly, who doesn't keep a first aid kit in a science lab? No band-aids, with all that glassware? *headdesk*
I normally have a couple of band-aids on me, since I'm latex-sensitive, but I ran out and haven't raided my parents stash recently.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
jess_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #220
CivicSista
1st Leg of the Journey

Started on my second pair of socks today
CivicSista is offline   Reply With Quote