Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 05:10 PM   #1321
littlejo
Casting On
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I live in mt view and was wondering if you happen to know of any knitting clubs or crocheting groups around close? would love to join one if there is one close by.
littlejo is offline   Reply With Quote

 

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #1322
littlejo
Casting On
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
honey bees in valdese and the yarn shop in old fort are both pretty good. the one in old fort is a little weird but its pretty cheap
littlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #1323
dawn1838
Ribbing the Cuff
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Waynesville, North Carolina
Posts: 84
Thanks: 22
Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts
I live in Waynesville, NC. I have to travel 30 miles to find knitting supplies. (Walmart is my only other choice.) I would like to find fellow knitters in my area. I need lots of advice.
dawn1838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #1324
lestrella
Turning the Heel
 
lestrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 536
Thanks: 14
Thanked 64 Times in 52 Posts
Originally Posted by kristin0224 View Post
Hi! I'm Kristin and I'm a fairly new knitter.

I live in Matthews, NC which is on the south side of Charlotte. My mom has been knitting for forever, my sister for many, many years, and I finally decided to try it myself. And now I'm totally hooked after only a few months. I've been to Knitting Help a bunch to watch the videos, but just now figured out that there is a board.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!!
Hi Kristin, I go to Matthews almost every day. I take zumba classes at the Siskey Y. Maybe we can get together one of these days and knit. I've been in a knitting hiatus for about a year or more :-( I'm getting back on track now :-)
__________________
My blog-BeyondStitches
My Facebook Fan Page-BeyondStitches

Check my flickr photos!
lestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #1325
bmwmom2002
Ribbing the Cuff
 
bmwmom2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 47
Thanks: 20
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dawn1838 View Post
I live in Waynesville, NC. I have to travel 30 miles to find knitting supplies. (Walmart is my only other choice.) I would like to find fellow knitters in my area. I need lots of advice.
Where do you normally end up going for yarn? Asheville? I believe there is a nice store in Dillsboro, but I've never been there, and there is one in Bryson City. If you want to head west, Peachtree, (near Murphy) has a great LYS. I live in Murphy and stop in at least once every 2 weeks. LOL
bmwmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #1326
Belphoebe
Knitting the Flap
 
Belphoebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Central Iowa
Posts: 496
Thanks: 152
Thanked 88 Times in 88 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Belphoebe
There is a yarn shop in Old Fort? Where?
Belphoebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:08 PM   #1327
dawn1838
Ribbing the Cuff
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Waynesville, North Carolina
Posts: 84
Thanks: 22
Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by bmwmom2002 View Post
Where do you normally end up going for yarn? Asheville? I believe there is a nice store in Dillsboro, but I've never been there, and there is one in Bryson City. If you want to head west, Peachtree, (near Murphy) has a great LYS. I live in Murphy and stop in at least once every 2 weeks. LOL
I usually buy my yarn at AC Moore or Michael's in Asheville. And as I mentioned, Walmart but they do not carry much at all. I have been lucky enough to find some good stuff at yardsales. I'll try to check Dillsboro and Bryson City out. Thanks!
__________________
Dawn
dawn1838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #1328
Doodknitwit
Working the Gusset
 
Doodknitwit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,158
Thanks: 285
Thanked 309 Times in 293 Posts
Burnsville has Yummi Yarns located behind the Nuwray Inn. They have a wonderful selection.
__________________
Doodknitwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #1329
sheilaksp
Ribbing the Cuff
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HI from Fayetteville
Which part of Wilmington are you in? I use to go to Wilmington alot, well Carolina Beach and loved it. It has been a few years since I have been down there.
Not being nosing but what yarn store did you find. I am glad to hear that they have a nice store down there down.
I am not a beginner when it comes to knitting, but I have been knitting for over 30 years and have knitted many items. Been slow for awhile because of a car accident and headaches but trying to pick it up more.
If you ever have any questions feel free to ask I wouldn't mind helping you or putting you in the right directions. I am in Fayetteville which isn't too far from you depending on which way you go.
Enjoy knitting and remember to keep it fun.
Sheila Kay Piasecki
__________________
sheilakayp
http://sheilakayp.blogspot.com/
Sheila Piasecki

Last edited by Shandeh : 10-30-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: deleted message from spammer that was quoted
sheilaksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #1330
gcbriden
Casting On
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HI I'M FROM BREVARD
Originally Posted by sheilaksp View Post
Which part of Wilmington are you in? I use to go to Wilmington alot, well Carolina Beach and loved it. It has been a few years since I have been down there.
Not being nosing but what yarn store did you find. I am glad to hear that they have a nice store down there down.
I am not a beginner when it comes to knitting, but I have been knitting for over 30 years and have knitted many items. Been slow for awhile because of a car accident and headaches but trying to pick it up more.
If you ever have any questions feel free to ask I wouldn't mind helping you or putting you in the right directions. I am in Fayetteville which isn't too far from you depending on which way you go.
Enjoy knitting and remember to keep it fun.
Sheila Kay Piasecki
Brevard is a few miles south of Asheville and has the best knit shop in western NC, Charlotte's Fibers. Plan to spend the day because when you are finished shopping for yarn you will want to have lunch and spend the rest of the day shopping in Brevard.
gcbriden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New in North Carolina stitchabit Knitters Knear You 3 02-28-2009 10:49 AM
North Carolina help? rennfamily Knitters Knear You 5 04-18-2007 12:15 PM
North Carolina Mountains... hedgehog General Knitting 12 10-19-2005 06:22 PM
Newby to Knitting in North Carolina BellaSerra General Knitting 8 04-19-2005 03:20 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 AM.