Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
onyxlioness
Casting On

Seed stitch with DPNs
Salutations all,

I am completely at my wits end as to what on earth I'm doing wrong so if any of you could provide some assistance or shed some light I would be incredibly grateful because I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here

I am a fairly regular knitter and like all of us have made a few attempts the first few times but right now I'm trying to knit some fingerless gloves in seed stitch on DPNs and just cannot seem to get the stitches to work.

Knit is no problem for fairly obvious reasons after the cast on, but when I get to purl I have issues.

I finally realised I'd be passing yarn front to back from purl to knit over and over throughout the entire project and the only way I can figure to do this is obviously through the middle of the work itself... is this the easiest way or am I missing something?

It's okay for the first few rows I'm sure but it something gets a little longer it's going to be rather painful.. am I just being precious or is it not supposed to be that complicated?

Would love some assistance..
onyxlioness is offline   Reply With Quote