Old 11-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
ziimariebii
Casting On

Sock Help Again!
Hi Everyone,
This sock knitting is becoming madness. Apologies for all the quesitons..

I bought yarn that is just way too thin.. my needles are size 3..I am curious to what blend/type of yarn would be good for winter type socks...

Also, can I use fluffy yarn for around the house type warm socks? would the 3 needles work with this fluffy yarn? My mom likes fluffy socks and it would be nice to make her some for x mas..

Thanks for your help!
ziimariebii is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
Size 3 needles are sort of large for standard fingering weight sock yarns (unless you have a VERY tight gauge.) I'd be looking for DK weights if you want to stick with that needle size.

As for the fluffies, sure, you could, but durability is always a question when using non-wool/non-reinforced yarns for an item that will be, well, worn. I'm not sure how comfortable a fluffy yarn would be on the soles, either, but it depends what you mean by "fluffy". Maybe use the fluffy for instep and cuff?

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote