Old 11-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
femmeelise
Casting On

First Socks
Okay, I've CO , divided on three dpn and did a row. How do you K1P1 when in the same row ? Is it the same as usual ? Also, when you finish a row and doing a stocking stich (k1r,p1r) do you turn the work inside out to pearl the row? I have been and it comes out fairly well but not sure if it is correct. God, I hope this makes sense to someone, ! I'm doing a child's size stocking . As I've gone along in the rows when it comes around to the beginning working yarn and the ending yarn a few rows down I've noticed a hole, what did I do incorrectly?
I thank you in advance for you kind help. If anybody can decipher what in the heck I'm trying to ask,Lol.
femmeelise is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
To do K1, P1 ribbing you just do it like usual. But when you begin the stockinette stitch you only have to knit every round, no more purling. With flat work you need to purl the back side rows but in the round you are always working from the front side, so you have no back side rows= no purling. Isn't that cool?
Old 11-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
I missed this part:
Quote:
As I've gone along in the rows when it comes around to the beginning working yarn and the ending yarn a few rows down I've noticed a hole, what did I do incorrectly?
I don't know the answer, just wanted you to know I finally at least saw the question. I'd have to see that to have any idea. I suppose it could be several things.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
Mirl56
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by femmeelise View Post
As I've gone along in the rows when it comes around to the beginning working yarn and the ending yarn a few rows down I've noticed a hole, what did I do incorrectly?
I thank you in advance for you kind help. If anybody can decipher what in the heck I'm trying to ask,Lol.
I think that hole probably has something to do with your turning the sock inside out to purl.
Once you've joined the yarn on the 3 needles in a circle, when you get to the stockinette part, just keep on knitting around and round.

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote