Old 11-21-2010, 12:50 AM   #1
rwengert
Casting On

Can Anyone help me with a pattern?
Hi,

My pattern states for 74 stiches P1, *K12, [yf, K2tog] 6 times, * rep * to* twice more P1.

Then the next row states K1*P12,*to* twice more, K1.

Once I K2tog I don't have enought stiches left for the 2nd row because I have decreased them all off.

The pattern should be a ripple pattern or simlar to a wavey line but I can'f figure it out. The 1st row of the pattern makes the valleys but I can't figure out how to get the peeks. VVVVV is kind of what the pattern should look like.

It is a NORO pattern from the World of Nature.

Can anyone give me any help with this?

Thanks for helping,
Ruth
rwengert is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-21-2010, 01:17 AM   #2
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
Quote:
P1, *K12, [yf, K2tog] 6 times, * rep * to* twice more P1.
This row does not lose any of it's 74 stitches when you work across the row as given. You knit 2tog, but at each k2tog you also have a yf that is paired with it (right before it)that puts the stitch back that was lost. A yf is the same as a yarn over, (a kind of increase). You may be more familiar with that term. When you [yo, K2tog] 6 times you have 12 stitches as a result. I think you are leaving out the yarn overs maybe. If you are not familiar with how to do a yarn over, here is a link to a page with a video of how to do them. http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/increases It is the last increase on the page.

After the k12, to do the yarn over you just bring the yarn to the front (that is why it is also called a yarn forward by some) between the needle tips and then work the k2tog from there. Then you do another yo and k2tog, until you have done 6 of them in a row then go back to the * and k12 again, etc.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:35 AM   #3
rwengert
Casting On

Thank You sooo much :) :) :)
Thank You very much I couldn't find yf any where and I thought that I needed to bring my yarn in front before I did the K2tog. This pattern my be a little stretch for me but I love the swetter.

Thanks again,
Ruth
rwengert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
You do bring the yarn to the front before doing the k2tog, but when you knit them, that will cause the yarn to lay over the top of the needle, making the YO.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote