Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
ahugh
Casting On

fisherman's rib
hello,

Im having a difficult time doing this English rib from Drop Design. After I cast on 29 st. purl on the ws and then k1 and p1 on the rs. Now i start row 1: 1 garter st, (is this the same as k1?) and at end with 2 remaining st finish with k1 and 1 garter st again is this same as K1? at row 2: Im totally lost at this row. my rib ended up with an unravel look instead of the purl like. I also went into "You Tube" for video tutorial from Dropstitch and my swatch still does not come out like her swatch. What am I doing wrong? Pleas help. I included the pattern below. Thanks in advance.

ENGLISH RIB (back and forth on needle):
Row 1: 1 garter st, * K1, 1 YO, slip next st as if to P *, repeat from *-* until 2 sts remain, finish with K1 and 1 garter st.
Row 2: 1 garter st, * 1 YO, slip 1 st as if to P, K tog YO and slipped st*, repeat from *-* until 2 sts remain, finish with 1 YO, slip 1 st as if to P, 1 garter st.
Row 3: 1 garter st, * K tog YO and slipped st, 1 YO, slip 1 st as if to P * repeat from *-* until 3 sts remain, K tog YO and slipped st, 1 garter st.
Repeat row 2 and 3.

HAT: Worked back and forth on circular needle.
Cast on 27-29 sts on circular needle size 10 mm with Polaris. P 1 row from WS, and continue in rib from RS as follows: 1 GARTER ST – see above, rib K1/P1 until 2 sts remain, finish with K1 and 1 garter st. Continue in rib until piece measures 7 cm (last row worked from WS). Change to circular needle size 15 mm and continue in ENGLISH RIB on next row from RS – see above! REMEMBER THE KNITTING TENSION! See NEW BALL TIP!
When piece measures 26-28 cm work 1 row stocking st with 1 garter st each side, AT THE SAME TIME K3 tog across the row = 14-15 sts.
Cut the thread, pull through remaining sts, tighten and fasten.
Sew hat tog, edge to edge.
ahugh is offline   Reply With Quote