Old 11-20-2010, 12:16 AM   #21
Daylilydayzed
Turning the Heel

Hi Mike,
My daughter has a mini black and tan Dachshund. He is a cross between a long haired father and a short haired mother. The long haired trait comes out in the hair around his ears, his elbows and arounf his rear end. He weighs about 7 lbs. His name is Coal and his sister is a full sized piebald long haired femalenamed Sugarfoot. Her name came after we got her in Nov. of 2009. She was white with 5 big black polka dots and a black and tan face mask. The mask has a white stripe going up between the eyes to the back of the head. As she got older streaks of black and tan have appeared in her fur, We have learned it is called ticking. She also has black spots on her belly so all of her black spots go all the way to the skin. My daughter is not planning to breed them but Coal could be used as a stud since he does have AKC papers. Sugarfoot was not registered as a Full blooded Regsitered pup by the breeder she was bought from . They both love to go for car rides , love to run and play outside. We can't imagine life with out them .

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #22
Mike
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Daylilydayzed View Post
Hi Mike,
My daughter has a mini black and tan Dachshund. He is a cross between a long haired father and a short haired mother. The long haired trait comes out in the hair around his ears, his elbows and arounf his rear end. He weighs about 7 lbs. His name is Coal and his sister is a full sized piebald long haired femalenamed Sugarfoot. Her name came after we got her in Nov. of 2009. She was white with 5 big black polka dots and a black and tan face mask. The mask has a white stripe going up between the eyes to the back of the head. As she got older streaks of black and tan have appeared in her fur, We have learned it is called ticking. She also has black spots on her belly so all of her black spots go all the way to the skin. My daughter is not planning to breed them but Coal could be used as a stud since he does have AKC papers. Sugarfoot was not registered as a Full blooded Regsitered pup by the breeder she was bought from . They both love to go for car rides , love to run and play outside. We can't imagine life with out them .
My last one was a pretty good dog most of the time. I think Trixie will be once she loses her puppy teeth.

Too many genetics to learn and know of the line to breed Dachshunds and you can't trust what the pedigree says to tell you those genetics (like your Piebald may actually be double dapple).

YouTube channel
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #23
Breezed
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Breezed
I love the read sweater against her red coat. Very cute girl and sweaters.

Breezed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Breezed For This Useful Post:
Mike (11-20-2010)
Old 11-27-2010, 04:43 PM   #24
melmac51
Turning the Heel

Lucky dog! She's so cute in her sweaters. Great job! (...but, if she gets much longer, you'll have to knit human legwarmers with armholes for her... ; )

Mike (11-29-2010)
Old 11-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #25
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Oh, how cute are those sweaters??? Wow! I love the detail work too! You must love your pup a lot!!

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to auburnchick For This Useful Post:
Mike (11-29-2010)