Old 11-30-2010, 10:24 PM   #11
leeniex
Casting On

Woh!! That is beautiful!!!
leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #12
Slim
Working the Gusset

That is absolutely gorgeous! I love the pattern! Very nice work.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:43 AM   #13
hyperactive
Working the Gusset

thank you very much! I really like the thing. And it really was pretty quick to knit!

I have been away from the forum for a bit, but I am still around!
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #14
MoniDew
Working the Gusset

I don't even know where to start with how much I love this sweater! I LOVE to knit lace, but don't wear shawls. I love to knit sweaters, but seldom do they come in lace. This is the best of both. I absolutely love it!! Any hope there's an English translation of the pattern? (I'll answer my own question here in a minute when I go check out your rav page! LOL!)
Old 12-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #15
ewalker
1st Leg of the Journey

[quote=hyperactive;1306685]Hi!
yes, those are great. Here is how they work:

I do a k3 p1 ribbing, right?
row 1
Now when I get to the first knit I make 2 yo then that first knit. then I work on in my general rib.
Now I get to the last knit of the next rib and I make 2 yo before that knit as well.
To make the long stitches go "appart and back together" you alternate the sides of the rib you make those stitches on, but the 2 yo always go before the stitch.

row 2
Now you work the first row on WS: work all stitches as they appear (k your k, p your p) with the exception of the stitches followed by the yos. those you just slip purlwise and drop both yo at the same time.

row 3
now RS: work all stitches as they appear and slip the "slacky" stitches purlwise.

row 4
WS: the same as just before: work all as they appear and slip those guys.

row 5
RS: when getting to a knit rib: cable the elongated stitch either to the left or the right over the rest of that k3 rib (that really looks like a k2 at this point).

row 6

WS: k your k and p your p

row 7 or row 1, repeat 2
make the yo- stitches right above where the long stitches ended and start over.

Of yourse all slipping happens with the yarn towards the WS-side of the fabric (once infront of your work, once behind, but always to the WS)
This is all you do.

Variations are easy: more yo and higher lifting / further stretching or fewer yo and less traverse / elevation.

I am also thinking of crossing 2 of those stitches over one another... might be a neat repeat for a hat, maybe with more ribbing...[/QUO

I am still confused, are you just dropping the stitch or is it placed on another needel. Maybe I should just try it and that will solve the questions.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #16
hyperactive
Working the Gusset

hi!

you are dropping the 2 yos. so you get to the stitch you want to lead up, you are on RS. before knitting it you make to yo. Pretty much what you do is to store the extra slack (a defined amount) within the 2 yo. Then you knit the stitch that you want to lead up.

When you get to that spot on the WS row, you get to the stitch first, then to the 2 yo, right?

So you SLIP that stitch and THEN DROP the 2YO right away. you keep your working yarn to the WS of the fabric (to the backside, the reverse stochinette side, behind, or as working the WS at this moment: the yarn is between you and your needle when you slip that stitch.

So you now have a slipped stitch that is rather lose and wobbely and does not really belong. But it is there on your needle.

Once you get to it again on RS: it is still too long and awkward. so you just slip it again.

Same on WS.

All slipping with the yarn towards the WS of the fabric and the slipping purlwise.

now comes the big moment of that stitch:

on the next RS: you cable it with the other 2 stitches of that knit rib. Therefore you either put 2 knit stitches on the cable needle (if your long stitch is at the left side of your rib) or you put the long stitch on a cable needle (careful, far too lose, you may drop it).

If your long stitch is the first of that rib: put it onto the cn, knit 2 stitches of the left needle, then knit the long stitch.

If you long stitch is the last of the rib: put 2 stitches on cn, knit the long stitch, knit the 2 stitches of the cn.

So to answer your question: you slip the stitch, you drop the yo and finally you put it onto a seperate needle

Oh, I cable without extra needle.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #17
trvvn5
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to trvvn5
I love love love love love that elongated stitch.

FO: Lacey Stole, Library Capelet, Dead Fish Hat, Tree Bark Scarf
trvvn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #18
hyperactive
Working the Gusset

great, isn't it? I just love it, too. And it draws attention
Go, make it! Any amount across or up as long as you figure out how many yo's you need.