Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
IslandGirl
Casting On

Absolute beginner needs help with her striped scarf! :)
Hi there! I'm hoping some of you nice people can give me a hand with my first knitting project.

I'm trying to knit a striped scarf. The problem is that every time I change colours, there's a line of the old colour on one side of the scarf. I've tried both stockinette and garter stitch and the line shows up in both. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong when I changed colours, so I looked up some videos but the line appeared there too. Is it possible to knit a flat striped scarf without that unwanted stripe of the old colour? What am I doing wrong?

I only learned how to knit and purl recently, so if I sound like a complete noob, it's because I am!

Thanks so much for your help!
IslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote