Old 12-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
brolie
1st Leg of the Journey

Need help finding a certain yarn...
So I went out last night and wore my tuque and my friend dave fell in love with it. he said he would give me $50 for a kelly green and white one. i was like "DONE" haha. (i dont charge that much for my stuff, but i had asked him what he thought it was worth so i was very flattered :D)

I typically use Caron's Simply Soft for my scarves because they are sooo soft and heavy and warm and work perfect for scarves (their colors are great too) BUT they do nooot have kelly green. i dont know what necessarily makes simply soft as soft as it is (ply weight or what ya know?) and the only other yarn that is similar is the silk yarns..

so my question is, where do I find kelly green yarn that is soft and medium weight? i tried googling and such and it came up with a whole bunch of those cheap rough yarns (which i hate) and most of them weren't even really kelly green! :(
brolie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Bernat satin is similar in appearance and feel as SS; it comes in lots of color so may have a kelly green. They're soft because they're loosely spun.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
brolie
1st Leg of the Journey

thanks! im not too familiar with the yarn making process and all that so thanks for letting me know what it is that makes it to soft/awesome :D

i have the bernat satins too (they are actually a little softer! i like those) but they dont have the kelly green either :(
Old 12-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,782 Times in 7,145 Posts
Greens are tough because there are so many and what one person calls "kelly green" another calls "lime." I looked at the usual craft store yarns including Red Heart Soft and didn't see anything that I'd call "kelly green."

Don't know if you shop online, but I did find one that might work. It's got good reviews on Ravelry and the meadow color looks right to me. Haven't tried it myself though.
http://www.premieryarns.com/yarn.php?id=96

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
RuthieinMaryland (12-12-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #5
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
I think of Kelly Green as a med dark shamrock color, so I guess it's up to whomever is doing the dying...

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #6
brolie
1st Leg of the Journey

jan - that meadow would be perfect if it was a little darker! thank you for helping :D

i realized that i already have a kelly green (yeah shamrock/four leaf clover/irish green is what hes looking for) but its not as soft as the caron.. BUT i think im going to use the caron simply soft white since its the same weight and then wash it a thousand times with fabric softner and hope it works. hahaha.. but he IS a guy so i think this one i already have might work.. i think its a michaels brand.. the loops and threads impeccable worsted weight yarn

http://www.michaels.com/Loops-Thread...efault,pd.html

i hope it works!! *keeps fingers crossed :D