Old 12-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
axelmax
Casting On

Top Down Raglan in the Round
I need help, please. I am knitting my first top down raglan (in the round) and using a pattern that is short on details. I generated it using Sweaterwizard. I am too far along to begin another, better, pattern and have a basic question. When I count stitches for front, sleeve, back, sleeve at the point where the sleeves move to scrap yarn, I have the required number of stitches called for in the sleeves, back, and front but there is no mention of what to do with the four marked seam stitches. So, I have these four stitches and don't know what to do with them. Thanks for any help you can provide.
axelmax is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
You can include them with the body or the sleeves, whichever you'd like to have them. If having the extra stitches throws your pattern off, you can work them together with the stitches next to them on the first round.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
axelmax
Casting On

Math doesn't work out
After finishing increases I have (Noro Iro huge gauge):
front: 60 stitches; seam stitch; sleeve 44 stitches; seam stitch; back 60 stitches; seam stitch; sleeve 44 stitches; seam stitch. Now, the pattern is calling for 6 cast on stitches at the beg and end of front and back segments, total cast on 24 stitches, total front and back stitches after joining in the round are 144 stitches. (60+ 60+ 24 = 144). Sleeves use similar math to reach total sleeve stitches of 56 stitches to work sleeves in the round. I am so accustomed to exact stitch counts that I don't know what to do with the extra four seam stitches. The pattern ignores them entirely. Are you saying to use them in place of 4 of the 24 cast on body stitches and only cast on 5 stitches before and after each segment (Frnt & Back) or same concept for sleeves? Sorry to be so dense. It's all math and math is nothing if not exact.

Last edited by axelmax : 12-14-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Hit enter too soon.
axelmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
The extra seam sts can go on the sleeves if you want, but they can be decreased on the first round of the sleeves if that makes too many. Or you can keep them with the body and not cast on as many sts there for the underarm.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
axelmax (12-14-2010)