Old 12-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
Rebecca419
Ribbing the Cuff

How to 1. bind-off, 2. 2. sew up 3. weave on flat knitted hat. 4. How to sew on "knitted by" patch?
I apologize if these have been asked already, I am in a crunch for time and am still looking for the answers while posting this.

I knitted a hat flat: http://stephanieknits.blogspot.com/2...ince-2006.html

and now need to bind off and finish up.

1. How should I bind off? It says to bind off in knit or purl but I can't tell what it is. Front one side it looks like purl from the other knit, and no I can't tell what side it is. :/

2. I use the tail to sew up the seams and put the 2 sides of the hat together correct?

3. How should I weave in the tail? Should I just go around the top of the hat or something.

4. Lastly I have one of those "knitted by" patches I want to put on the inside of the hat. Any special technique for putting it on?

Thank you!
Rebecca419 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,642 Times in 7,044 Posts
1. Bind off normally in knit. It's easiest and it's probably not going to show at all.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/casting-off

2. If the tail is long enough that's fine (but don't pull too tightly), if not then get a new piece of yarn.

3. There are many ways to do this. Some people weave it under the purls, some weave it in like you were doing duplicate stitch. I usually do the latter.
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/FEATfall04TT.html

4. I'd just use needle and thread. Make it secure, but don't pull too tightly.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
Rebecca419
Ribbing the Cuff

Jan to the rescue again! Thanks so much!! Now I can get my hat out to the boyfriend in time for Christmas!
Rebecca419 is offline   Reply With Quote