Old 12-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
eileen22
Casting On

knitted double?
I am trying to knit a teddy bear but I am confused about the thigh part. Please see pattern at:
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/vi..._id=28&lang=en

My pattern says to (on 3 double pointed needles):
pick up 1 st from previous round and k this one tog with the st on the needle (this means the sts are knitted double)--repeat for all 3 sts on each side.
Does this mean to knit the 2 stitches together (k2tog), and if it does the next sentence in the pattern says to cast off 2 stitches & that you should then have 22 stitches total, so that is 2 less than you had for the leg. if you k2tog that would create some st decreases, not keep the same amount of stitches.
Hope this isn't too confusing, but it is a little hard to explain.
Any help would be appreciated.
Please see link for pattern if my explanation is too confusing.
Thanks
eileen22 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
No, I don't think it means to K2tog. I'm not real sure what is happening. I tried to knit a portion of the directions to see if I could figure it out. I think the 3 stitches on each side of the 6 that were on the holder would be the ones that were "short rowed". I'm not sure why they need tightening, and I'm not real sure what they mean to do. What I tried was to lift the right leg of the stitch below one of the designated sts and put that leg on the needle with the stitch loop then knit that extra loop with the stitch loop. I'm not sure why, but it doesn't change the stitch count and maybe does something. Maybe not. I did that on each of 3 on each side of the six, so 6 times in all.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,838 Posts
Yeah, I'd probably lift the left-hand loop of the stitch below the one on the right tip and put it on the left tip and knit that together with the next stitch. That will tighten up the gap.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ingrid For This Useful Post:
eileen22 (12-20-2010)
Old 12-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
eileen22
Casting On

I just wanted to thank you for taking a look at this--glad I'm not the only one confused about this one--perhaps, the pattern wasn't written clearly enough.
Thanks again
eileen22 is offline   Reply With Quote