Old 12-18-2010, 05:15 AM   #1
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Series 400 Knitting Daily
This is a great Series! It has a lot of BASICS! I've knit for a long time, but BASICS are still a favorite subject for me. You still pick up on how to improve what you've been doing! And maybe been doin' the hard way!

Anyway, IMHO, outstanding features on Series 400:

1) LILY CHIN demonstrated how knitting machines 'work'! She demo'd numerous techniques, too.

2) LINDA CORTWRIGHT demonstrated how dang easy it is to 'card' wool straight off the animal's back! Directly from there to making yarn!

3) KARIN SKACEL demonstrated the steps in Art Felting! What seemed mysterious and complicated is boiled down into a few easy steps!

4) EUNNY JANG demo'd numerous ways to seam! Great teacher that darlin' gal!

5) KRISTIN OMDAHL (crochet expert) demonstrated an alternative to your starting chain which has no stretch whatsoever. She showed us how to start our crochet using the flexible 'foundation single crochet' as a beginning edge.

Artlady at Rav

Last edited by ArtLady1981 : 12-20-2010 at 07:10 PM.
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
Woodi
Turning the Heel

I ADORE interweave mag. I get an online email each and every day, and drool over everything.

If I weren't so durned afraid to order things online we would be in the poorhouse, cuz I love SO MUCH of all they have to offer - the prettiest patterns I've ever seen.

Have you ordered and received any printed material or DVD's from them, artlady?

and I do so love watching and listening to, and learning from Eunny Jang. She's a darling person.
Woodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Woodi View Post
I ADORE interweave mag. I get an online email each and every day, and drool over everything.

If I weren't so durned afraid to order things online we would be in the poorhouse, cuz I love SO MUCH of all they have to offer - the prettiest patterns I've ever seen.

Have you ordered and received any printed material or DVD's from them, artlady?

and I do so love watching and listening to, and learning from Eunny Jang. She's a darling person.
I have purchased directly from Interweave! Recently, too! I'm feeling my age today...I can't remember what it was...oh now I remember! Doh. "KNITTING FROM THE TOP DOWN" by Wendy Bernard. I even mis-ordered by accident...putting 2 in my shopping cart and PAYING for two...what WAS I THINKING!!! Anyway, too late to change the order manually...so I messaged them (Interweave) about my boo-boo....and received a nice note the next business day saying "No problems! We rectified your order for 1 DVD ONLY, and you be charged for one only."

So my huge error, totally my own carelessness, was taken care of quickly and graciously!

I bought my full set of KNITTING DAILY DVD's from our own KNITTING HELP "shop"! Sheldon and Amy had all 5 series! (100, 200, 300, 400, 500)

It's the best money I've ever invested in 'learning'! I watch them for hours as I knit. I can replay certain segments 10 times if I'm particularly thick-headed that day (or, night!)

So don't hesitate to get a set for yourself! Please believe me....they are worth every cent. I don't say that lightly. I hate wasting money on 'classes' that are poorly taught, or poorly organized.

These KNITTING DAILY DVD's are a class act! I'm taking them on vacation to the mountains with me next summer, using my DVD player. Better than aimless MOVIE watching!

Artlady at Rav
Old 12-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
Woodi
Turning the Heel

So, you're saying I can order the DVD's here? from Amy and Sheldon?

how do I do that?

and thanks in advance (TIA!)
Woodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #5
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Woodi View Post
So, you're saying I can order the DVD's here? from Amy and Sheldon?How do I do that? And thanks in advance (TIA!)
See the TABS above? Click on SHOP, then CDS/DVD's!

Sheldon is still having SALE PRICE on them! I just looked, and I see Series 100, 200, 300 and 400. I didn't see Series 500 at first glance, but if they're out, Sheldon and Amy will get more!

I watched (and watched and watched) Series 100-300 in full...and I'm 3/4 done with Series 400. There are about 4 discs in each Series.

Series 100 is the oldest shows, and they progress newer the higher the number. But no matter the date, whether 2006 or 2010, Knitting is Knitting! The only thing that changes are the yarns!

Artlady at Rav