Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
HSRCampbell
Ribbing the Cuff

Inlaws have sheep; wool gets thrown out. How hard to make yarn?
My in-laws have 5 sheep that they used to raise lambs from, but now are just sort of lawn fixtures on her back hill. There are 3 mostly white ones, a grey one and a black one. When they shear them, the wool just gets thrown into a pile somewhere to eventually degrade (the pile from 2 years ago is still visible).

The wool is so soft and warm when I pet the sheep (they are friendly creatures for the most part) that I have sort of this idea in my head to make something out of it.

If I ask for the wool (they will definitely say yes, I haven't asked because I haven't had anything to do with it), how hard is it to make it into something that I can knit?
HSRCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HSRCampbell For This Useful Post:
TrueIconoclast (03-20-2011)