Old 01-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #491
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Originally Posted by vaphelps View Post
Thanks for having this wonderful party! And hope your year has lots of knitting as well!

Originally Posted by lelvsdgs View Post
Thanks for another wonderful New Year's Eve Sandy!!! It's been great fun knitting along with all of you...
I had a great time with all of you! Thanks for being here.

Originally Posted by rachejm View Post
I think I'm doing this all wrong, next year I'll go to bed early and get up at 5am to celebrate with the rest of you!
Good plan! Put it on your Blackberry calendar for next year!

I've just finished my new year's pattern, needs casting off.
Can't wait to see photos!

I did no Christmas knitting, the last 4 months have been absolutely crazy.
You are forgiven. Now you have plenty of time to make next Christmas filled with knits.

Well I still have 1000 words of essay to do and some citations to put in where I couldn't be bothered to look them up last night and just put (???) - at least I know where they go.
Good luck with your essay!

Originally Posted by BlueMoonArtistry View Post
I'm sure it is a great book, BUT...(or should I have said "butt") the cover of Sexy Little Knits makes me laugh.
The designer of that book of patterns makes costumes for Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. So, the cover is just right for representing her style. (But it makes me laugh too!)

Originally Posted by Michaele View Post
Aw I no win. :(
I'm sorry! Maybe NEXT year!

I made:2 baby blankets, 9+ hats (including an adorable Mad Hatter hat, Bomber hat, and Santa hat-- all by my design. ^_^), 1 double knit scarf, 1 BIRTHDAY CAKE (funnest thing I've ever made; I used fabric paint as icing!), 1 pair of socks, 4+ head bands, 1 pair of puppy slippers
Nice work for 2010!

I'm trying to make pocket money by selling some of the things I make. Anyone got any ideas for Valentines day?
Potpourri Sachets, Lacy Facecloths, Red Dishcloths

Originally Posted by sheldon View Post
Happy New Year everyone! Congrats to the winners of the prizes and to our two winners of the KnittingHelp.com iPhone app in the Facebook contest. And a HUGE thank you to Shandeh for organizing all of this, arranging the prizes, tallying up the entries, and so on. She is amazing! Three cheers for Shandeh!
Thanks Sheldon! I had a wonderful time. Our annual New Years Eve party is one of my favorite things.

Originally Posted by MollyV View Post
Thanks everyone for a fun evening and great cozy pattern. It was fun. No, I didn't win anything, but it's OK...knitting is about having fun and learning something new.
Thanks for sharing the fun with us, my friend!

Originally Posted by Rennagayle View Post
Ditto to Molly!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #492
vthunstrom
Ribbing the Cuff

I fell asleep in the recliner shortly after my last post. Lap top, knitting and all. Thanks everyone for all the tips. I will definitely be back here again! What fun! Happy 2011!!
vthunstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #493
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post

Can't wait to see photos!

I've put the project information up on Ravelry, complete with pics. It looks like I've done the whole pattern in white but its actually pastel colours they just didn't photograph well.

rachejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #494
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
Great start to the New Year...
Hi!

I just wanted to thank Sandy publicly for hosting such a great party with such wonderful prizes!

I won the Paton's Little Princess book! The funny thing about this is that I have absolutely no baby girls to knit for either in the family or for friends. All our new arrivals have been guys and no new ones are expected! LOL I hope this book doesn't prompt a flood of new babies in the family - my daughter's-in-law would lynch me!!!!!!!!

But it occurred to me that there are lots of baby girls out there who would benefit from having something hand-knit especially for them. We have several hospitals here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and Baltimore, which is our closest biggest city, has many huge hospitals, including Johns Hopkins and University of Maryland.

So winning this book inspired me to plan to knit up some pretty projects especially for little ones who might need them, even if I don't know them personally!

Thanks, Sandy, and thanks everyone for being on this great forum.

Happy New Year to all,

Ruthie
Old 01-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #495
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by vthunstrom View Post
I fell asleep in the recliner shortly after my last post. Lap top, knitting and all. Thanks everyone for all the tips. I will definitely be back here again! What fun! Happy 2011!!
I bet you wondered what was going on when you woke up!

Thanks for joining the party last night. It was fun talking to you!

I've put the project information up on Ravelry, complete with pics. It looks like I've done the whole pattern in white but its actually pastel colours they just didn't photograph well.
Gosh, I hate when a photo does that with my projects. I'll be SO PROUD of my work, and the photo I take just doesn't show it well at all. Ugh!

Originally Posted by RuthieinMaryland View Post
I just wanted to thank Sandy publicly for hosting such a great party with such wonderful prizes!
Glad you enjoyed the party as much as I did!

Originally Posted by RuthieinMaryland View Post
I won the Paton's Little Princess book! The funny thing about this is that I have absolutely no baby girls to knit for.....But it occurred to me that there are lots of baby girls out there who would benefit from having something hand-knit especially for them.
So winning this book inspired me to plan to knit up some pretty projects especially for little ones who might need them, even if I don't know them personally!
Great plan! I do a lot of charity knitting myself, so I'm behind you 100%. It's SO satisfying making things for people who really appreciate them!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #496
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

I've put the project information up on Ravelry, complete with pics.
I saw it! Looks great!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
rachejm (01-02-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #497
lauriegraves
Casting On

Plymouth Bordered Throw Pillow
Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
I have a tiny stack of knitting leaflets available here, so I'm gonna do 3 more drawings. These will be consolation prizes, I guess.

lauriegraves wins a Plymouth Bordered Throw pattern
Breezed wins a Plymouth Wristlets and Amulet pattern
ewalker wins a Plymouth Mitered Square Blanket pattern

Happy New Year everyone!

We had over 125 contestants for the prizes this year. I might have to offer more prizes next time!
YAY!!! Thanks so much. I did really enjoy tonights party. My first time joining in. Thanks again Shandeh, great party, Happy New Year
lauriegraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #498
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by lauriegraves View Post
YAY!!! Thanks so much. I did really enjoy tonights party. My first time joining in. Thanks again Shandeh, great party, Happy New Year
I'm glad you won a prize!
Keep coming back to the forum, and you'll probably have a good time every day.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #499
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Now, I'm busy getting together everyone's info, so I can wrap up packages and mail them out.

I've heard back from more than half of you, but still need to hear from amandapage, tsidel, angelscakes198, Betty613, and Peanutbugmom.

I will wait until February 1st to get your information. If I haven't heard from you by then, I'll have to give your prize to someone else.

Happy New Year, everyone!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #500
hookedonknitting
1st Leg of the Journey

I had fun participating in the posts this year, thanks everyone!
hookedonknitting is offline   Reply With Quote