Old 01-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Mokumegane
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Mokumegane Send a message via MSN to Mokumegane Send a message via Yahoo to Mokumegane
Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri corners!
Hello, I live in NW AR, really close to MO and OK... I'd say about 40 minute drive from either border. Is anyone else kind of in that area? The closest I saw was Tulsa but I think that's like a three hour drive from me! I have the feeling I'm the only one here who knits where I am... and that the Tulsa person is probably the closest? Not sure, though...
Mokumegane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mokumegane For This Useful Post:
MoniDew (12-29-2013)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
MoniDew
Working the Gusset

I'm very near Tulsa, and you are correct, it's still several hours away. If there is ever a large regional event located somewhat between us, we'll have to meet. :D
Old 06-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
supercaity1284
Casting On

I'm in Bartlesville, OK which is closer to MoniDew than you. She's right - Tulsa is a trek for you. :(
I found a nice little group in B-Ville that meets twice a week and once every 4th Tuesday....try maybe www.meetup.com or go to a local fair or something? Or make your own knitting group! If I didn't find the knitters in my area that I did, I was just going to start my own
MoniDew (12-29-2013)
Old 12-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #4
gingerhair
Casting On

I'm in a really rural area 60 or 70 miles east of Tulsa, to which I rarely go, and have only recently taken up knitting again after years of neglect when requested by a friend to make baby hats. Am investigating such newfangled things as circular needles and trying to remember that I used to use double pointed needles a very long time ago (anybody remember argyle socks?!), and had finally learned some version of German knitting after doing the throwing style for years. Closest yarn shop is in Muskogee from where I am. Just found this site and am primarily a lurker.
gingerhair is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gingerhair For This Useful Post:
MoniDew (12-29-2013)
Old 12-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
MoniDew
Working the Gusset

Glad you discovered us. No need to lurk! We can certainly chat here, at least until we find a central location to meet up. Welcome to the forums.
The Following User Says Thank You to MoniDew For This Useful Post:
gingerhair (12-29-2013)
Old 12-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
gingerhair
Casting On

Thanks, MoniDew,
I pretty much lurk by choice. I am not anti-social, I just kind of prefer to hang back till I decide otherwise. I don't drive much any more, absolutely not at night, and was mostly trying to get back the timing of knitting and find out how to use the newer techniques.

The baby hats requested of me are for charity, and I really ought to make myself useful! I'm 81, and don't have either the energy or the ambition I used to, but thought surely I could tackle something simple like this! But, alas, I must have have lost or given away my old lovely bone needles, and these slick aluminum ones are a challenge. So far, it isn't as fun as it used to be!

I appreciate your response and invitation to get involved even if I don't for awhile.
gingerhair is offline   Reply With Quote