Old 01-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #1
Shanitoknits
Casting On

knit, turn, knit back?
Hey I am a knitter newbie and am working on a hat pattern that says... "K17, turn work, knit back to the end of the needle"

What the french does this mean? p.s. I am on a circular needle.
I have given myself until Friday afternoon to finish this hat. I know if only someone can describe this to me simply I can rock it out.

Desperately seeking assistance,
Shanitoknits
Shanitoknits is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
You're going to stop working in the round for a bit and knit flat. So knit 17, turn as if you were at the end of the row and knit back over the 17 sts to the end of the needle. What's the pattern? That helps us know what you're doing and should be doing if we can look at the pattern, or at least a picture.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:17 AM   #3
MindySue19
Casting On

I'm ALSO working on a project like this, and only made it past that because of the help I was given on this forum! I know it seems REALLY FREAKIN' odd, and you're not sure how it's gonna work, ...but my advice is to trust your insructions. Chance are the person who made that pattern has a crap load more experiannce than you or I. Just try this, just do exactly what the pattern says and see what happens. I asked a million questions about this in a bunch of diff ways. But when it came down to it, I still didn't really "get" it, so I just did what the pattern said.

Guess what? ...IT WORKED!

after only 3 weeks of knitting I did a project with shaping, increases, decreases, and all sorts of stuff I'd never even HEARD of! ...I'm just hoping that my next project will be a lil easier to understand because of this!

Godd Luck!
Mindy
MindySue19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:35 AM   #4
MindySue19
Casting On

Oppps...

Quote:
Godd Luck!
Mindy
Good Luck!
Mindy