Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #21
Jannette
1st Leg of the Journey

I am so sorry you are losing your friend and mentor. It's hard, but rewarding, to be with someone at the end. Hugs being sent over the miles to help get you through and prayers for your friend to have a painless time of it.
Jannette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jannette For This Useful Post:
Feef (01-23-2011)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:12 AM   #22
Ronda
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to Ronda Send a message via Yahoo to Ronda
You both sound like remarkable women. I really can't find any words to say other than I am so sorry, and I will be praying for all of you.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #23
Michaele
Ribbing the Cuff

You are a wonderful friend. Stay strong through this darkness, and don't let it eclipse the light that is still left in Nancy's sunset. If it's okay with you and your friends, it'd be nice to see a finished picture of the sweater when it's completed. You'll do a great job on it.
Michaele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Michaele For This Useful Post:
Feef (01-23-2011)
Old 01-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #24
Breezed
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Breezed
Feef, You are in my thoughts. I was with my Dad for his last week fighting lung/throat cancer. This was 6 years ago and I feel it strongly every time I hear someone else has to endure the same thing. It's terrible and my heart aches for you. You are lucky to have received teachings from her. It is something no one can ever take from you and you will never lose it. She will pass knowing she has a loving, caring friend in you.

Breezed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Breezed For This Useful Post:
Feef (01-23-2011)
Old 01-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #25
FSB
Casting On

"GOD" Bless you all and may you SOAR through the pain, physical, mental and spiritual. To be a part of someone passing is as special as being there for a birth. "GOD" in very involved in both.

"GOD's" Blessings
Feef (01-29-2011)
Old 01-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #26
Feef
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by FSB View Post
"GOD" Bless you all and may you SOAR through the pain, physical, mental and spiritual. To be a part of someone passing is as special as being there for a birth. "GOD" in very involved in both.

"GOD's" Blessings

I know God is here, I just wish He'd take her...it's so painful to watch her wither away like this. We've been here 26 days now and she still hasn't died. I don't know what she's waiting for, nor do I understand why God isn't swooping down and taking her. We're all ragged at this point, and as awful as this may sound, we NEED her to go.

I even did a little dance the other day like a high school football cheerleader thing: "GO NANCY, GO NANCY, GO NANCY"

I her

Feef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #27
Feef
Ribbing the Cuff

My best, very most favoritest friend died Sunday night at 9:27pm. Her husband, daughter, and I were all at her bedside as she took her last breath.

No funeral is planned. Rather, she wanted a celebration of her life to be held at their favorite Chinese restaurant, so that's what we're doing. Nancy adored tie dye and asked that all of us wear tye die shirts. One of her co-workers ordered rubber bracelets through the American Cancer Society that are tie dye and embossed with "In Memory of Nancy Adams -- Uterine Carcinosarcoma." Additionally, we found tie dye roses that will be on the tables at the restaurant.

She was a big Queen fan, and she was a big big woman, so she wants her favorite song "Fat Bottomed Girls" played along with a couple of other Queen favorites. After she died, her husband, daughter and I all added songs that we want, so it'll range from Queen to Jimmy Buffet, Bette Midler, Norman Greenbaum, and a couple of others.

Then I fly home to CA on Wednesday and that's when we'll all return to our regular lives and have to find a way to live without her.

I counted how many skeins of sock yarn I'm shipping home: 40! Along with many other yarns that are scrumptious and yummy. I hope I can honor her by making beautiful socks.

Included in that box is the unfinished sweater she started for Matt, and I will finish it for him. I'll post a picture of it when I'm finished.

Thank you all for your support and kind thoughts and words through this. Sometimes, the internet is the best place for me to express my feelings. A soft breeze at this point makes me cry, so I'm avoiding it like the plague.

Feef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #28
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,765 Times in 7,133 Posts
I'm sorry. You're a good friend.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
Feef (02-07-2011)
Old 02-05-2011, 11:40 PM   #29
bambi
Working the Gusset

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, teacher, fellow knitter. I hope you find some comfort and peace in the fact that you knew her, loved her, and could carry a little yarn from her stash home.

The celebration of her life sounds like a wonderful tribute. I hope there was laughter as well as tears. I know I am crying reading about her life and your grief.

Hugs and prayers to you.

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Bambi-M

I'm Bambi-M on Ravelry
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bambi For This Useful Post:
Feef (02-07-2011)
Old 02-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #30
mks22300
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to mks22300
I am so very sorry for your loss.

I'm mks22300 at ravelry