Old 08-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #21
hyperactive
Working the Gusset

Hi!
no, I did not make another try yet. I will, though.
I will let you know!

I have been away from the forum for a bit, but I am still around!
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #22
KnittingBlizzards
Casting On

Thank You SO very much!
Gustafc ---
I worked on this pattern for over an hour, came close to just removing back to the ribbing and doing yet another of my own designs.
( I have difficulty following a pattern or recipe exactly to the letter- I seem to add a touch of "me" to everything I make, somehow)
I was frustrated today over my time with my Granddaughter being snagged by the other Grandmother and really needed to get deep into something, so I came to the computer to look for any help, hopefully a video!

I did the EXACT same oops - with creating a "new" m1r with each repeat..... had a heck of a funny looking line that became unattatched to the body of the work..........
so, don't feel like you are the lone needler on this one !

Best Thoughts !
~Gypsy~

Originally Posted by gustafc View Post
Does anyone know how to knit lateral braids? i've been trying to knit this pattern but I just can't get it right.

h ttp://oftherain.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/treads-edited-april-6-20101.pdf[/

Last edited by KnittingBlizzards : 11-05-2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: making sure Gustafc knows this is for starting this ?
KnittingBlizzards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #23
KnittingBlizzards
Casting On

MarigoldinWA - this ones for you ! ;)
Another THANK YOU for replying in a way that clarified exactly what was going on, as I did the EXACT same thing Gustafc did!
I have a charted piece I want to work so badly, but just can't figure out the designers "notes" on how's - when's & where!
Maybe later!

Thank you again!
~Gypsy~
Originally Posted by MerigoldinWA View Post
I had never done it before but the pattern you gave has good directions, and it works. I'll try to explain further.

The first thing you do is a M1R. There is a link to a video showing this increase HERE.

Look on the left as you scroll down for "M1R" it also says "I think of this as "M1B". You pick up the strand running between the stitches on the right and left needles using the left needle and approaching from behind. Once the strand is over the left needle knit it from the front (like you'd normally knit). Now you have increased a stitch and that stitch is on the right needle. Slip it directly back to the left needle, no twisting or anything.

*Now you are ready for the next part. You are going to be working with the stitch you slipped back to the left needle and the stitch next to it. Put your right needle behind the left needle and skipping the stitch you slipped, knit into the back loop of the stitch next to the slipped stitch. (Be sure when you knit into the back loop of that 2nd stitch that you go over, not under the working yarn that is attached to the stitch at the tip of the left needle.) Do the whole process of knitting that stitch through the back loop, until you get to the slide the stitch off part. Don't do that. (If you don't know how to k tbl click HERE. This is a page from the glossary on this site. Scroll down to "k tbl aka K1 tbl, K1b". There is a video link to how to do it there.)

Now bring the right hand needle to the front of the left needle and knit into the first stitch (the one you skipped) in the normal place. After you knit that stitch let both the stitch loops you have been working into slip off the left needle. You now have 2 new stitches on the right hand needle.

Now slip the stitch closest to the tip of the right hand needle back to the left needle (the working yarn will be attached to it). Now go back to the * and repeat.

The short version is to begin with a M1R, slip the increased stitch back to the left needle. * Knit the second stitch tbl, then the first stitch tfl, slip the stitch at the end of the right needle back to the left needle and repeat from the *.

Hint: Pay close attention and try to get in the habit of not stopping until you get to a spot where you can clearly see what the next step is. For me it was easiest to stop right after I slipped the stitch back to the left needle so that the working yarn was coming from the stitch at the tip of the left needle, and I was ready to repeat from the *.

I hope this helps you.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #24
KnittingBlizzards
Casting On

Keep working on these or move on.............
I see problems listed with the Linen Stitch now......
did these work out & someone forgot to post or should
I just toss the pattern aside and do my own....?

So much for NOT stressing today......

LOL -
~Gypsy~
Old 01-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #25
annie42
Casting On

Last Stitch lateral braid
I have been able to successfully do the lateral braid but I don't think I am doing the last stitch correctly as my braid is not connecting. My left hand needle has stitch which I have just passed over from the right hand needle. It then says to pass the first stitch of the next round to the right hand needle. Is this the same stitch you just slipped over to the left hand needle (1), or is it the stitch below (2)? I used the same stitch I just slepped over to the left hand needle (1). You then bind off one stitch on the right hand needle. It then says to replace the first stitch of the round (which I believe is the stitch you just bound off on the right needle) back on the left hand needle. Is this correct. I wonder if my braid would have connectied if I used the stitch below when passing the stitch from left to right. Is the braid supposed to connect? If so, can you see what I am doing wrong?
annie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #26
hyperactive
Working the Gusset

That question is acutally answered in the comments. Check the comment and answer of Jan. 13th.

Offtherain

I have been away from the forum for a bit, but I am still around!
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote