Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
Casting On
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sL2P kyft - what does this mean??
I have just purchased a Jaeger Hand Knitting pattern (PBN Q 5324) to use up some wool and just a few rows in have come across this abbreviation. There is no explanation of the kyft part in the pattern document itself, I have never heard of it, I can't find it in my knitting bible and the shop where I purchased it doesn't have a clue!! Can't seem to find any info for Jaeger Handknitting Ltd and am a bit stuck. Can anyone help please!! many thanks. Joy
joywright is offline   Reply With Quote


This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
Working the Gusset
Debbie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,250
Thanks: 175
Thanked 234 Times in 198 Posts
Since you are getting ready to purl could it mean "with the yarn in front" ?

I am DebbieKnits on Ravelery
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
Mod Squad
Ingrid's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pleasant Valley, NY
Posts: 29,585
Thanks: 21
Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,845 Posts
slip 2 purlwise, k with yarn in front?
"Trust the pattern!"

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 PM.